Sign in to follow this  
MaorC

Good aircrafts for IFR ;)

Hi guys ,

I would like to start fly a bit more IFR with light aircrafts and i am searching for the Ultimate Twin \ Single aircraft .

The requirements :

Not too slow

Somewhere in the cockpit that i will see the flap settings ( not like the piper seneca that you have to look to the flap lever , thats not comfortable ) .

Realistic

Fun

i really really need autopilot , sometime i want to make long range IFR`s ( depends on the plane ) .

Thank you ,

Maor ;)

I really enjoy the Lionheart Epic LT for IFR. It's worth a look.

Danny

Oh, that's easy! RealAir Beech Duke B60 or Turbine Duke. I have the piston, and will fly it for may a few hundred or thousand hours before I upgrade. The steam gauges, actually the entire VC, is marvelous!

Hmm... I really enjoy the Carenado 337 as a light IFR platform. Good highly visible analog gauges for all critical functions (with HSI and FD) and a mix of old and new with the 530 and the Collins Nav/Com. Good seperate and very visible DME readouts (something I miss on so many newer cockpit layouts), and a second nav head that's not blocked by anything as so many are. Controls are visible and accessible. Make the 530 a RealityXP and you can add WAAS approaches to the mix.

About the only potential glitch is that the AP requires you to look in an odd spot for some functions. Two fixes include a little "gauge" that Bert Pieke did to help, or you can do as I do and use external controls for AP functions (I use Saitek's).

Scott

For single...

Baytower RV7 (better if you have RXP gsn530W)

Orbx Lancair IV-P

Eaglesoft Cirrus SR22 G3

Twin...

RealAir Duke or Turbine Duke

Milviz C310R

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Carenado F33 Bonanza or C337

RealAir SF260 or Duke

Bert

I really enjoy the Lionheart Epic LT for IFR. It's worth a look.

As I've just spotted this on offer at 50% off for under $13, what is your down-to-earth honest opinion. Is it really worth it? Has it got a decently modelled exterior and interior or are the switches just there for a show? I do not want to make the same mistake I made with another aircraft I now regret having bought.

Your input would be valued.

I have the lionheart Epic LT, too.

It's pretty good, certainly worth the new low price. The VC panel is extremely well done, the burled walnut panel in some versions of the plane looks especially gorgeous, but they all look pretty good. For glass displays the impact on frames is very low. The exterior model is deceptively simple in terms of physical detail and texture detail, but one has to remember that this aircraft has all-composite fuselage and wings, so rivets, seams, and joints are virtually non-existent. Most of the sounds emitted by the aircraft are excellent.

There's not an awful lot of functionality with the aircraft, but it's a turboprop, and operation of those in FSX are a bit simplified. Most of the buttons you see serve a purpose, however.

The aircraft is a bit overpowered so you must use the throttle very conservatively. Again, this is a reflection of the real-world aircraft.

The only gripes I have about the aircraft is that the running oil pressure always seems to show far too low pressure. I wish that a larger textures size was used for the fuselage exterior to give the schemes more crispness than they now have. Third-party repaints are lacking as well, thought the schemes that come with the package are great. Some of the button click sounds are too loud, as well as the "whoosh" sound you hear when you click on the yoke to make it disappear. Also, the suspension doesn't compress enough when you're on the deck and it tends to sit a bit tall, with the suspension elbow joints extended more than they would normally be.

Overall, a good, enjoyable, and fast FSX aircraft. It's not the best payware aircraft I ever purchased, but you can't go wrong for the new price.

Thank you for that Treetop64. That was precisely just what I wanted, almost a mini-review in one.

Heading over to pcaviator tomorrow to buy at $12.97

As I've just spotted this on offer at 50% off for under $13

The sales habit again? :biggrin:

The sales habit again? :biggrin:

Yeah, CoolP.. It's not so much a 'habit again' but the chance to acquire aircraft that others have had long before I'd even heard of them as I only moved across to FSX in 2010, and moreover, if I can save 50% here and there, I can use that 50%, as a retiree, to fund other latest FSX/X-Plane 10 offings at 100%.

Don't you think that makes prudent sense? :Thinking: :Thinking: :Thinking:

I have the lionheart Epic LT, too.

It's pretty good, certainly worth the new low price. The VC panel is extremely well done, the burled walnut panel in some versions of the plane looks especially gorgeous, but they all look pretty good. For glass displays the impact on frames is very low. The exterior model is deceptively simple in terms of physical detail and texture detail, but one has to remember that this aircraft has all-composite fuselage and wings, so rivets, seams, and joints are virtually non-existent. Most of the sounds emitted by the aircraft are excellent.

There's not an awful lot of functionality with the aircraft, but it's a turboprop, and operation of those in FSX are a bit simplified. Most of the buttons you see serve a purpose, however.

The aircraft is a bit overpowered so you must use the throttle very conservatively. Again, this is a reflection of the real-world aircraft.

The only gripes I have about the aircraft is that the running oil pressure always seems to show far too low pressure. I wish that a larger textures size was used for the fuselage exterior to give the schemes more crispness than they now have. Third-party repaints are lacking as well, thought the schemes that come with the package are great. Some of the button click sounds are too loud, as well as the "whoosh" sound you hear when you click on the yoke to make it disappear. Also, the suspension doesn't compress enough when you're on the deck and it tends to sit a bit tall, with the suspension elbow joints extended more than they would normally be.

Overall, a good, enjoyable, and fast FSX aircraft. It's not the best payware aircraft I ever purchased, but you can't go wrong for the new price.

I have nothing to add to your comments. I enjoy the Epic, particularly the glass panels, for IFR. This is a fun turbo-prop to fly. I certainly agree that is has plenty of power. It is a little hard to taxi (power on then power off), but, once you get the feel it works fine. Lionheart is easy to work with and stands behind his products. So, for $13.00 you really can't beat it.

Danny

the nicest one is the Islander bn-2 from flight 1!

have a look great aircraft

Don't you think that makes prudent sense? :Thinking: :Thinking: :Thinking:

Don't worry, the previous comment was more intended to be read with the :P in mind.

I think, regardless of the actual discount in place, good aircraft are worth the money while the ones gaining attraction due to their discount only represent a waste of money if they eventually stay in the hangar all the time.

Right you are, the chance of getting nice ones at lower prices shouldn't be missed. Just keep in mind that the 'percentage hunting' is ment to keep the wheel spinning by all means, so to speak. It therefore won't end soon once you've adapted to it.

Nice IFR twins would be the Milviz C310 or the older DA Cheyenne, not to forget the already mentioned Duke. A speedy single would be the Lancair IV-P from Orbx. Seems like Ryan has named that one too. RXP gauges would be a nice but not cheap addition to all of them. Less speedy but already coming with a great gauge will be the F1 C182T with the G1000.

Thanks for that input, CoolP. I did not take your previous comment with anything other than what you originally intended it to be. I know you well enough to know that you are one of the few people in these Forums who is s 'perfect gent'.

Some very good points made in your reply. I already have the Lancair. Just want to add a nice single-engined, and have read some good things being said here about the Epic. I also have the Duke but for some obscure reason I've had an issue with it taking off from Darrington, such as not being able to get it off the ground, and never went back to it again.