Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Changing views - just a nit pick

One thing that irritates me - a little - when changing views, is how the message indicator of the view you are in stays up so dang long. If I change to say an exterior view, cycled through to say the screen shot view, then the messages of the view I switched to stay up for several seconds, so if I wanted a screenshot at that particular moment, then those messages will appear in the screenshot. And if I wait till they finally dissappear, well the screen shot I was hoping to get may well no longer be there.

I cycled through all exterior views recently, in about 6 seconds. It took about 17 seconds for all those notifications to finally dissappear.

Not a biggie, just a mild irritant. I am pretty sure I saw this issue listed in Scruffey's " big suggestion list", hopefully they will address this at some point in a future update.

Alternatively, it would be really nice to be able to disable all notifications, hud, etc - by having a toggle for it binded to a keypress where one could turn it off and on at will. As I like to fly jobs, with the notifications on, this would be really nice for capturing that ideal screenshot.

+1

Of there is ONE thing I want, then it's the ability to hide ALL onscreen messages and icons and data with a toggle key!!!

+100.

In fact we asked for a screen declutter since the beta. but no luck.

You can get rid of the annoying view change messages by going to options and unchecking "Text chat" which will remove the system messages, but unfortunately also the text chat.

I still want a declutter key to remove everything, both for screen shots and for those times you just don't want to see the destination marker or hud.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

You can get rid of the annoying view change messages by going to options and unchecking "Text chat" which will remove the system messages, but unfortunately also the text chat.

Cool! Didn't know that! I never fly online so I don't mind losing the text chat window. I just disabled that option and now when I switch views I don't see that annoying message anymore! Awesome! The message when you switch to mouse mode is also gone! Thanks for the tip! :smile:

Now all I need is a trick to get rid of the skip message and the load icon during jobs... :wink:

If you enable the screenshot camera view, does it show those view-changed messages?

... I never fly online ...

You miss the best part of MS Flight ! :shok:

I agree and it is not good enough to remove text chat at the same time. It would be nice to be able to individually remove or modify the alerts that we don't want, without losing everything.

Best regards.

Luis

If you enable the screenshot camera view, does it show those view-changed messages?

Yes it still shows the messages when the screenshot view is enabled.

Very good to know, I did not know this either as well so I will go ahead and disable that, I do not fly in multiplayer anyways.

Still would like a way to disable the rest briefly, I sure hope they can add that in the future.

Thanks for the info,

You miss the best part of MS Flight ! :shok:

I don't care at all about online gaming and connecting to others in a virtual world... :wink: I can understand some may like it but to me the best part of Flight is flying around in a beautiful and immersive surrounding. I can do without chatting: I rather chat on this forum when I am not flying. :wink: I also don't like making appointments online to do some flying. I already have appointments enough in real life and I like to keep my free time free.

Still, maybe I should click that Live button once and give it a try... who knows what might happen. :wink:

I was really hoping that silly window was simply there in the beta for "diagnostic purposes" and that it would not be in the release version...

...so much for "hopes," eh? There is absolutely no reason why anyone needs to be told they've switched window views to begin with! It's a totally pointless "feature..." :Monkey:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I don't mind a brief showing of "that silly window", as nicely described above, it's the interference with other controls while it's showing. If someone times it, like me, you'll see it's set up for 15 seconds. A quick code change to two or three seconds would be OK. I think it would be a pretty quick and easy change in the code of Flight?

Maybe a few thousand email to Microsoft will spur them on towards a change?

Isn't it as easy as in FSX where you just change the "change time" in FSX.cfg from whatever it is to something lower? I've not been in FLIGHT cfg files much (just to change controls and the like) but it's surely in there somewhere?

best

jake

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

You can change the color of the display, Jake, but there is no entry in the config file for the delay. Perhaps it would be worth trying to insert that entry and see if it works!

Best regards.

Luis

Actually, there IS an entry for the delay, however changing it doesn't make any difference...