Sign in to follow this  
fjsharry

Few question for MD-11.

So far MD-11 system is impressed for me.And I has few question with MD-11 also i was search in forum but still no found good answer.

Q1. In F-PLN INIT 6L TEMP/WIND is set up for first enroute fix,how can i get this aloft wind and tempo data? I not has ASE or FOC to do this,so is another way to get? And i only have REX(Hard to get aloft wind in flight plane).

Q2 This was discuss before a lot time,is how to accurate calculate fuel? I was using NGX tutotial 2 to calculate fuel for 737NG,it's really nice teaching us for fuel question,so have something like that to calculate fuel? By the way i was using some web fuel calculate,it's not accurate...

To answer question one, I am not sure that I understand what you are trying to get to. If you are using FSX real world weather and trying to get winds aloft data, then it depends where you are flying. If you are flying in the US, then you can use NOAA.gov. They have an aviation section with a lot of real world information.

Question 2, I have not found a really accurate fuel planner. I use FSBuild, and it typically leaves me with an hour and a half of reserve. This is not too far off for an international flight.

Question 1: That is a normal problem. If you use real world weather you can easily check weather from http://www.aviationweather.gov/iffdp/. It has maps of the entire world. To find the wind direction I guess it from the picture but believe me it is quite accurate.

Question 2: A forum member has made a really good fuel planner for the MD11. Here it is: http://fuel.cwsurf.de/. It is not fancy but I have used it on both short and long flights with a perfect outcome. Otherwise there is a new planner coming called PFPX http://www.pfpx.com bit it is not finished yet.

If you have trouble understanding the aviationweather homepage ill help you out.

Hope this helps

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

@ Branto , Manfred,thanks for response.

For Q1 I don't how to get this weather information for initial cruise,i know ASE can do that but i not buy it,and i using REX to get real weather data by NOAA but she not offer this kind of weather infor.And new REX will release in short time,maybe it will work fine for me.Also i notice Manfred offer link is very useful,i will refer this in later.

And Q2, i just got simple formula for fuel plan from airline MD-11 FO,MD-11F will cost 8 tons in every hours,so it's pretty close same as Manfred offer fuel link; I was fly from KBOS to KTPA yesterday,all route used 49500 LBS without hold,here those calculate date for fuel,

in FMC is 57300LBS,in "http://fuel.cwsurf.de" is 48843LBS,and from real md-11 pilot formula is 24 tons=53000LBS within 3hours,so those calculate way is get close....And i still waiting for PFPX,it's like very useful software.

Just wondering, did you enter the correct numbers in the calculator?

I tested it and got 54542 LBS which would have been perfect

My numbers:

Distance between airports 1029 NM

Distance to alternate 0 NM

Cargo weight 100000 LBS (quite normal cargo weight)

Taxi fuel 3000 LBS (as recommended)

Wind 0 since you didn't say any

Use LBS

FL 370

holding 30 min

Contingency 10% since this is a short flight

And 30 min extra fuel

You might have forgotten something important. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Manfred

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

I will fly few time in this weekend,i still spend some time to read manual,Md-11 for me it's new system.

Just wondering, did you enter the correct numbers in the calculator?

I tested it and got 54542 LBS which would have been perfect

My numbers:

Distance between airports 1029 NM

Distance to alternate 0 NM

Cargo weight 100000 LBS (quite normal cargo weight)

Taxi fuel 3000 LBS (as recommended)

Wind 0 since you didn't say any

Use LBS

FL 370

holding 30 min

Contingency 10% since this is a short flight

And 30 min extra fuel

You might have forgotten something important. Anyway, I hope this helps.

Manfred