Sign in to follow this  
jackcnd

Should I Upgrade RAM : 1600 c9 to ?

@BenCap & Dazz:

Nah, I´m not in 100% geekmode right now, trying to run a hog-farm, nice to get down in the dirt! (My name is Ali and I´m a pigfarmer, hehe..! )

Why should I fork out $$$ for various RAM, when I can read the advise and experience from experts?

IMO the GSkill CL7 1600 Mhz 1T 1.60V are doing fine, no problems at all...

It´s all about a fluid sim experience, 2-3 FPS more or less is not important.

It´s all about a fluid sim experience, 2-3 FPS more or less is not important.

I don't want MORE FPS. I lock at 30FPS and for the most part, I never loose 30. I just want to help add a few frames for when my FPS do drop down into the mid 20s.

I likely will be buying some Corsair Vengeance to use with this system later down the road. RAM is dirt cheap now...

Well, the endless chase for that perfect FSX experience, right??

I came from a Phenom 9650 2.3 Ghz Quad, to an insanely clocked Q6600 @ 3.8 Ghz, to an i5 2500K @ 4.7 Ghz with good, solid performance.

Now I quit, I don´t chase anymore illusive "FSX Dream" - it will never be there IMO...

From "The Gospel":

"There is no such thing as an absolutely FLAWLESS running MS Flight Simulator. There will always be some point in a flight where a glitch or a stutter of some type will be seen. How frequent and with how much tenacity those may appear depend on everything from the hardware choices and setting up the system from the BIOS to the drivers, to user demand on scenery eye candy, to the addon scenery and payware aircraft manufacture QC for performance. If you are looking for perfection you will never find it. The application is archaically coded and as such will never perform flawlessly in all circumstances and conditions, which change constantly moment to moment during a flight even with identical system hardware."

http://www.simforums...topic41484.html

I´m at peace now, oink...

:Pig:

Now I quit, I don´t chase anymore illusive "FSX Dream" - it will never be there IMO...

I never said I wanted a perfect FSX. I simply would like to have the best possible configuration. I would rather have the best of every part of my system rather than having a bottleneck.