Sign in to follow this  
denver69

Scenery Tech worth it when I have all this already?

UTX all, GEX all, FSGlobal X. I know what each one does and how they are different in all. I guess my main question is will I notice much of a difference? I am tinking of this to mainly get rid of European farmland in the midwest US. But is it like a WOW why did I not do this a while ago kind of thing? Or just kind of a meh, it's ok kind of thing.

I would also like to go to Asia and South America but just can't get myself to fly over default landclass after using UTX in North America, Canada and Alaska for so long.

Thanks!

Years ago I tried Scenery Tech and it was not very accurate at all for southwestern BC where I live. I then tried Cloud 9 X-class and it was quite good for the areas I was familiar with so I bought it for the entire world. Of course it does not equal ORBX scenery, but it does work well with Ultimate Terrain which I also use. You can purchase it from FSDT here https://store6.esellerate.net/store/checkout/CustomLayout.aspx?s=STR4626178260&pc=&page=MultiCatalog.htm

Martin 

Sims: MSFS and X-plane 11

Home Airport: CYCW - Chilliwack, BC Canada

i5 13600KF 32GB DDR4 3600 RAM, RTX3080TI  HP Reverb G2

Cloud 9 does look a little better. How do you like their support? Do they have a forum?

Thanks

Different brands are better in different areas...

I bought Cloud 9 xlcass and use it in rural areas. UTX USA is better in urban... imho

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Overall, Cloud9 X-Class gets my vote. It has a reasonably accurate feel for the mid- Atlantic states where I live (WV). S-tech has way too much visible tiles when in the midwest.

Thanks allot. Yea the price is not to bad for the whole world with the Cloud 9. It does look more detailed as well.'