Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Airports' Filter on PFD

Hi,

Is there any way to limit the number of airports on PFD by runways' lenght factor. I remember that for MD11 and 747 PMDG had option for this. IFly 737 also has it.

Thanks

Dmitriy

Hi,

Is there any way to limit the number of airports on PFD by runways' lenght factor. I remember that for MD11 and 747 PMDG had option for this. IFly 737 also has it.

Thanks

Dmitriy

I don't think there is.

I think the reason that the MD-11 and 744 have that option is because they are runway limited. You can't stop an aircraft that size/weight on a 3,000 ft runway. A 737 I'd say you could land at a regional airport with a smaller runway.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

I agree. As I found out you'll find airports with runway lenght >= 3000 ft. Unfortunately not all airports fulfilling this requirement are included, even not those having a fitting surface like concrete or asphalt (which might have to do with the maximum weight or the overall runway condition, but I'm not sure). However, as far as I recall the filter for the bigger birds was set to 3600 ft runway lenght (at least for PMDG).

Regards,
Axel