Sign in to follow this  
fppilot

RXP update 1.6 now feeds RXP flight plan to the EFD1000

If you have an RXP GPS the latest RXP update now has the ability to feed the flight plan in the RXP unit to other gauges that can display a flight plan. It works beautifully for the EFD1000 in the Carenado A36. Make sure you have configured your RXP GPS (430 or 530) for the A36 using the RXP WAAS FSX Configuration Utility. It will create the necessary rxpgns,ini file for the A36 as some of the Carenado-provided RXP integration applications do not create the rxpgns.ini file.

You should be able to download the 1.6 update with the update utility of your RXP installation. Go Start, All Programs, RealityXP, Software Updates.

Run the update file to update your RXP to version 1.6. Then add this line to your rxpgns.ini file:

LinkGPS=On

You must add that line manually. It is not added by the configuration utility and there is no option checkbox in the configuration utility for the LinkGPS option.

I have found this works for other aircraft as well, but you have to add the above line to the respective rxpgns.ini files for your other aircraft that contain suitable gauges.

-FP

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Right you are, FP. The A36 display loves the new RYP feature. Adds a lot to the 'blank spot' from before the 1.6 version.

It should be in your "Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\SimObjects\Airplanes\Carenado BONANZA A36" folder.

If not, use Windows Notepad or other simple editor and create the file with the lines below. Take care to do a Save As and specify "rxpgns.ini" or it will save it as a .txt file.

[GNS430]

Popup=15431

LinkGPS=On

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere