Sign in to follow this  
pkofman

Flight views & x52

I am using a saitek x52 with flight. . I wonder if any here has been able to assign a second hat switch for left right and up and down views.

I want the be able to move my view of the cockpit dashboard up and down in a smooth fashion ( like panning ) . I was able to assign this in fsx but here i can only get it to move in tiny increments.

Any thoughts on this.? I would allow much more flexibility if this was possible

Thank you in advance Peter

It's under game controls in options rather than aircraft controls. Labelled, Look Around (POV), make sure you have your joystick input seleted, then click on the field for Look Around (POV) and move your hatch switch. It should pick it up and assign it to the hatch switch, this works for me on my Saitek Cyborg X. You may want to either invert your hatch switch in your joystick settings (Outside of Flight) if it lets you do that or choose Invert Camera Controls under Gameplay in Option within Flight so that your hatch switch moves your POV the same way your joystick would (ie down is up).

@ZATZAi, he was asking about a second hatswitch to which he wishes to assign left/right and up/down eyepoint shifts...

Since I don't have the hardware, I cannot test this, but I don't believe it's possible because there's no entry for such a multi-function command as "Lookaround (POV)" for eyepoint movement.

There are however four commands that may be assigned to button(s) or rocker(s).

EYEPOINT MOVE UP

EYEPOINT MOVE DOWN

EYEPOINT MOVE LEFT

EYEPOINT MOVE RIGHT

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I assigned the 4 eyepoint moves to the Pro Flight Cessna yoke easlily enough so I would think the x52 would be achievable also.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

I assigned the 4 eyepoint moves to the Pro Flight Cessna yoke easlily enough so I would think the x52 would be achievable also.

Ray

For the normal hatswitch, Flight's menu offers a single "Hatswitch" for the control input. No specific directional inputs come from moving the hatswitch, which would make it impossible to assign to four separate commands. Flight offers a single "Lookaround (POV)" command for assignment to the "Hatswitch," and then Flight interprets the eight possible outputs from the physical hatswitch.

As I said, since I don't have the hardware, I don't know how a second hatswitch would be reported to the sim...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator