Sign in to follow this  
jonss1948

2D panel view 737 NGX

My 2D panel view is askew viz: looking straight down at the centreline of the runway. Shift + Enter doesn't help much and even after saving a flight, it reverts to its former position. Is there an entry I can alter in the fsx.cfg file which will correct this anomaly? This annoyance does not affect the performance of this excellent, simulated aircraft. I suppose it's just me.

While I'm here: The detail in the 737 NGX is quite astounding and I have 2 other PMDG fsx aircraft. The MD11 will be my next addition but I'm thinking I may be disappointed with the purchase if it does not approach the detail of the 737 NGX. Would someone familiar with these two aircraft please allay my fears.

Jon Shearer

My 2D panel view is askew viz: looking straight down at the centreline of the runway. Shift + Enter doesn't help much and even after saving a flight, it reverts to its former position. Is there an entry I can alter in the fsx.cfg file which will correct this anomaly? This annoyance does not affect the performance of this excellent, simulated aircraft. I suppose it's just me.

While I'm here: The detail in the 737 NGX is quite astounding and I have 2 other PMDG fsx aircraft. The MD11 will be my next addition but I'm thinking I may be disappointed with the purchase if it does not approach the detail of the 737 NGX. Would someone familiar with these two aircraft please allay my fears.

Jon Shearer

if you would have read the introduction manual it would have given you the fix for it in the cfg you have to add wideviewaspect=true

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

if you would have read the introduction manual

Fact is, I've read every piece of literature and have checked the fsx.cfg file which has already had that fix applied. Thanks anyway.

Jon Shearer

Fact is, I've read every piece of literature and have checked the fsx.cfg file which has already had that fix applied. Thanks anyway.

Jon Shearer

I was thinking you got the cfg set to read only but since you say its there already seems to be another problem some one else will chime in with a solution

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Ok, there seems to be confusion on my part as to which fsx.cfg file I should be editing. WideAspectView=True was in the file named fsx.çfg but not added to the fsx.cfg.txt file. I added it and the problem is solved. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jon Shearer

Ok, there seems to be confusion on my part as to which fsx.cfg file I should be editing. WideAspectView=True was in the file named fsx.çfg but not added to the fsx.cfg.txt file. I added it and the problem is solved. Thanks for the heads-up.

Jon Shearer

least you got it working now. Yea i always wondering whats the difference between the fsx.cfg and fsx.cfg.txt, maybe some one can tell me whats the difference and why it wouldnt work in the fsx.cfg and it would work in the fsx.cfg.txt in the aboyce problem

Peter kelberg

some one else will chime in with a solution

You have by any chance EZCA installed?

least you got it working now. Yea i always wondering whats the difference between the fsx.cfg and fsx.cfg.txt, maybe some one can tell me whats the difference and why it wouldnt work in the fsx.cfg and it would work in the fsx.cfg.txt in the aboyce problem

fsx.cfg.txt is probably a past copy of your fsx.cfg, that got edited in a TEXT Editor (like Notepad), and then was SAVED as a .txt file, so it ended up with the name fsx.cfg.txt

FSX looks for fsx.cfg (not fsx,cfg.txt)

thx for your answers and found the answer that fsx.cfg.txt is only a back up of your fsx.cfg least that solves my mystery why i see 2 fsx.cfg

Peter kelberg

A bit more on this: This was a file kindly downloaded from (and I can't readily access a link, because the address is on my fsx drive) a free/donate website that analyses your system based on your input as to your system configuration and graphical capabilities, then sends you a recommended fsx.cfg file, to the Downloads folder. Being old, decrepit, possibly Altzheimic and generally confused, there is a possibility I screwed-up somewhere with the copy/paste command. But I don't remember.

Jon Shearer