Sign in to follow this  
smokeyupahead

Possibile pacth for Malibu?

Hi Carenado,

Would I be' to optimistic to hope for a pacth to get the Malibu fuel flow to work as per the charts?

This is my favourite plane from Carenado and this quirk really does take away the fun from flying it!

Would anyone else like to see this fix or more for this plane?

David DD

Well....I never tested it, but it does seam to be some sort of a trade off, as you yourself describe it.

I will give it a go and let you know if it works for me...

Thank you for taking the time!

David DD

For the cruise portion, it should work nicely. The tradeoff statement refers to the way FSX models or respects that value. You optimize one part and another goes a bit off. But let me know if that value helps on the cruise.

I have been using the altered value for a while now also. For me, it is much closer then the default settings, enough that the tradeoff portion does not present a big enough reason not to use it.

As we are on the tuning topic, how did your engine tuning go, FLIGHTO? You were getting some PT6A-34 results, right?

Very nice results now CoolP, it is spot on, thank you for fixing this!

David DD

...But what is the exact trade-off for altering that value? Just curious...

David DD

Glad to hear that it works out nicely.

Well, the tradeoff happens on the intermediate power stages where you may see too low values at times. I've tested a few of them in the other thread, but my personal impression is that the gain of 'closer' values in the cruise portion of the flight actually is a win.