Sign in to follow this  
stamoum

Airports with frequent bad weather?

Hi everyone.

I love to fly my pmdg ngx in bad weather.

Does anyone know of airports that can handle a 737-600 that often has bad weather conditions?

Staale Moum.

I haven't tried it in the sim but the scariest real-world landing I ever had was at Wellington (NZWN) on a very windy day. The crash trucks were lined-up next to the runway just waiting for those pilots who didn't have the "right stuff".

Charlie

Also, Iceland has frequent high winds depending on season. Boeing flies aircraft there to test their crosswind capabilities. (BIKF)

[media=]

[/media]

Far eastern Canada also has a few places that get hammered a lot. Places like St. Johns (CYYT), Halifax (CYHZ), and Gander (CYQX) are some of the places I've flown to and had some pretty cool experiences in.

Thanks!
Nick Crate
Chief Executive Officer
FedEx Virtual Air Cargo

Hi everyone.

I love to fly my pmdg ngx in bad weather.

Does anyone know of airports that can handle a 737-600 that often has bad weather conditions?

Staale Moum.

Hi Staale,

Or you can try Deadhorse in Alaska. (yeah it really exist) It is always!!! bad weather. But in winter it is extreme...

Eric

Hi Staale,

Or you can try Deadhorse in Alaska. (yeah it really exist) It is always!!! bad weather. But in winter it is extreme...

Eric

I've done Deadhorse about 15 times. It's cold, but I've never been up there with anything I'd call extreme, luckily. Day to day, Fairbanks is colder and foggier. Juneau is rainy and cloudy and turbulent. Although, my last landing at Deadhorse was a bit of a trip with a HW shearing to a quarting TW on short final. . . good times. :)

Matt Cee

I've done Deadhorse about 15 times. It's cold, but I've never been up there with anything I'd call extreme, luckily. Day to day, Fairbanks is colder and foggier. Juneau is rainy and cloudy and turbulent. Although, my last landing at Deadhorse was a bit of a trip with a HW shearing to a quarting TW on short final. . . good times. :)

15 times. Than you are an expert. But you're right. Snow and very cold weather. But the wind isn't that bad.

Eric