Sign in to follow this  

I feel dumb

Hi guys,

I have read the manual of FS2Crew for NGX and I would like to try it straight from the takeoff just to get familiar with the product and later I will use it from the Cold & Dark.

Despite the program seems to work, for instance once I saw the FO positioning the brakes to 3 after I did something, I miss the concept behind which FS2 work.

I would like to use the botton version. Let's say I am on the runway ready to take off, what should I do to use FS2 crew ? I see some yellow and white words but if I select " takeoff " nothing happens, if I select on the right side some options nothin happens. It seems only the pre flight ran from the cfg works but I want to start from the takeoff straight.

Could you please be so kind to let me know how to operate the very basic for instance let the FO do the " gear up " or " Flaps 10 " and similar basic stuff ?

Then, do you have a list of how the left side checklists and procedure are inserted into the program ? Some are yellow some are white some seems to be section included in others but I can't see the big picture.

Thanks in advance

I'm going through the same. I made the initial mistake of thinking the FO was simply there for my convenience to do stuff as I order through the headset. But actually if the scripting follows real life procedure then it's far cleverer than I assumed. The software is about real procedure and opens up a new dimension in FSX to me. So, my next mistake was to treat the manual's appendices as a sequential tutorial whereas it's really groups of procedure scripts.Read them more fluidly and jump about the pages to work out the flow that best suits you. Sometimes I go from cold and dark and sometimes I just ask for coffee! And sometimes i just get it wrong lol. Be patient and think real life procedure - that seems to be the big picture.

I would suggest to start with C&D and work from there.

Follow the manual and you will learn the program much better.

You can with the arrows on the main window jump forward into the different segments.

But it sounds that you have not set-up your buttons, when you select "Take-off" you must press you main button to activate the sequence and tell the FO to do his things.

You Main button is under FSX command: Alternate Static Source (On/Off)

Your Secondary button is under FSX command: Propeller Sync (On/Off)

The Main button controls all actions in the left window, mostly the checklists.

The Secondary button controls all actions in the right window, call outs.

But once again, start from the start and follow the manual step by step, it is much better to learn that way.

Hi Mark,

It seems dificult but with pratice is ok, if you need any help please contact me, we make a teamviewer sesion, i work with button version.

regards

Luis

I'm the same as you and fed up of every one saying -read the manual , there's a lot not in the manual, especially when it comes right from start up all in proper order - so i just never used it at all, but with the new version they have put a real good Voice tutorial with it .I followed it and now it the program works llike a charm -like you dodn't see in the manual.Try it ----Louis