Sign in to follow this  
Naki@NZFF

NZSI Quick thoughts...

Wasn't going to buy anymore Orbx products but just couldnt help myself...

- Bit too green maybe but way better than the brown desert of FSX default. Yet to try other seasons...only Autumn so far

- Defnitely too green in Central Otago (in Autumn anyway)

- Pleasantly surprised with the framerates which are fantastic (although seems to tank a bit in Marlborough) - better than PNW somehow (can anbody verify this with both sceneries?)

- Seems to be better detail than PNW - also pleasantly surprised with the Orbx default airports which are definitely better than PNW apart from one or two exceptions

- Liking the trees, hedges, farm buildings & houses etc

I haven't flown in PNW or anywhere else since getting it.

Overall, 9/10...really looking forward to NZNI!

- Pleasantly surprised with the framerates which are fantastic (although seems to tank a bit in Marlborough) - better than PNW somehow (can anbody verify this with both sceneries?)

It is true you get better frame rates in NZSI compared to PNW due to the amount of urban autogen required for the PNW area. Seattle, Portland and Vancouver regions require a lot autogen.

Portland area has around 2.2 million people, Seattle area has 3.4 million people and Vancouver area has 2.3 million people. This requires a lot of autogen and lowers frame rates.

NZSI has around 1 million people in total so it requires much less urban autogen over a much larger area.

Fjords is another region with blazing frame rates due to a lack of urban autogen. Trees are very good autogen performers and buildings and houses are not.

Cheers

Matthew Kane

I hear what you say about autogen buildings but most of my PNW flying is in the boonies but framerates are still better with NZSI in comparable landscape...maybe the trees dont have as much impact in NZSI. Strange thing last night went for another flight in NZSI and my framerates weren't as good.

The boonies in PNW are not that big or far away from urban centers, towns, interstates, etc. Even the center of the Olympia Mountains is not that far away from something.

Fjords and NZSI are great performers and very identical due to terrain, fjords and mountians and less urban stuff. PNW has a lot more cities, towns, interstate highways, railroad lines and railroad yards, industry, nuclear power plants, transmission lines,....etc. A lot more items in the PNW to slow it down.

I do agree with you and find NZSI the best region they have done so far, Can't wait for the North Island so I can fly out of Paraparaumu Airport. I am also a big fan of the Fjords.

Cheers

Matthew Kane