Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Where are you flying your C90

Thanks a lot, i have almost the same setup, i think i have to give "Shade" a try...

and....maybe you can share your ENB Mod with me?

X-Plane%20banner1.jpg

Well, back to the topic. Here are a couple of captures from 20,000 ft above Paso Robles, California, from my flight late yesterday from KOAK to KSNA, followed by another image during roll out after landing. That long narrow strip of land in the second photo is the Morro Dunes Natural Preserve, which defines Morro Bay.

c90ovrkprb1.jpg

c90ovrkprb2.jpg

c90ksnaroll.jpg

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Well, back to the topic. Here are a couple of captures from 20,000 ft above Paso Robles, California, from my flight late yesterday from KOAK to KSNA, followed by another image during roll out after landing. That long narrow strip of land in the second photo is the Morro Dunes Natural Preserve, which defines Morro Bay.

Very nice - I really like that livery! My wife and I were just out in the Paso Robles/SLO area this time last month - nice to see it from the air in FSX! :Just Kidding:

Trevor Bair

CMEL+IR | PA32R-301T & C208B
My Real World Travels

Very nice - I really like that livery!

That is one of Kevin's liveries. I repainted his with my own custom colors. That cinnamon red is common to all the aircraft in my hanger.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Flight from Orange County/John Wayne (KSNA) to Denver Centennial (KAPA) last evening. All photos taken from FL250. Note the very strange scenery anomaly in the second shot as I neared Thermal VOR (TRM) E of Palm Springs. Don't know if it was supposed to be the Salton Sea or what?

My nest flight, today, will be from Centennial to Chicago Midway and will be less photo-eventful!

Palm Springs desert floor:

PSP1-L.jpg

The anomaly near Thermal, CA:

OVR-TRM-VOR1-L.jpg

Over Grand Canyon Airport on J128:

Valle1-L.jpg

Sunset nearing Blue Mesa (HBU) on J128:

SunsetHBU-VOR1-L.jpg

Dusk breaking out from over Rockies to Denver area at 12,000 ft. Note the higher aircraft and contrail in the distance:

DenverPlateauDusk-L.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

I love those anomalies.. sometimes I'll go back, and they'll be missing/normal. Did a landmark tour, and devils tower was a spike once.

Hi all,

needed to get to a Beechcraft service with my C90B.

As my money is a bit gone at the moment, as I had to also buy a B200 :rolleyes: I needed to get to a cheaper good maintenance center ... so I flew up to Sindal / Denmark from Nuremberg.

Nice little airport done by VIDAN-Designs, it is rather cheap and the service on my C90B was excellent :lol: .

Sindal1.jpg

Sindal2.jpg

Sorry for warming this post up again ... it is just great fun! B)

Flight today in King Air C90 N903TT from Punta Gorda, Florida, (KPDG) to Grand Cayman Roberts International, (MWCR) on Grand Cayman in the Cayman Islands.

MWCR%20enroute_1-L.jpg

Over the Florida Keys at 18,000.

MWCR%20enroute_2-L.jpg

Watching the Florida mainland and the Keys fade into the distance...

MWCR%20enroute_3-L.jpg

Over Cuba without a permit. Sometimes the clouds are your friend...

MWCR%20enroute_4-L.jpg

And sometimes not! Tropical afternoon squalls close in. Gets choppy! My route forecast did not mention this!

MWCR%20enroute_7-L.jpg

A little relief from the stress during a break in the weather, accompanied by a splendorous late afternoon sun.

MWCR%20enroute_5-L.jpg

Breaking out below during the descent, as Grand Cayman comes into view in the distance.

MWCR%20enroute_6-L.jpg

On short final to Rwy 26 at Roberts/Grand Cayman International.

MWCR%20enroute_8-L.jpg

Shutting down and ready to relax with 84F degrees, surf, and some great rum as an early winter cold front approaches home back in Maryland.

Frank Patton
ASUS 

Hello friends,

Just did a rather long flight from KBVS to PASI; was really amazed that I did my flight by the book on this bird. At FL260, props at 1900 RPM, torque was set at 786 FT-LBS, everything according to the Performance Charts, and the FF was 190 LBS-HR but the book indicated 188 LBS-HR per engine... wow, I really love this bird.

Art.

Just finishing a real-time trip around the world in it... Details if anyone is interested :)

Have you ever considered posting a blog of a trip like that?  You could do a daily post for instance with weather, flight plan, screenshots and the like.  I have considered it but have not done it yet.  Here is a link to real world non-simulator blog I did a couple of years ago.  Note that particular blog built up from screen page bottom to top, day by day, and it may present itself as two screen pages.  If so go to the bottom of the second screen page and read the posts in bottom to top order.

Or better yet there is a list of the daily blogs in the right margin and you can click them in bottom to top order.

http://routesrevisited.blogspot.com

Just visualize this done for a flight sim epic.

Frank Patton
ASUS