Sign in to follow this  
LeeL

Opinions on Flight 1 DC-2

• Full instrumentation with the modern layout includes: Garmin GNS 430W GPS, Garmin GMA 340 Audiopanel, and Bendix KX 165A Radio. The 1950`s style avionics include NAV1/NAV2 COM1/ADF and Transponder.

At least they included the 50's era avionics...

For the "modern layout"... I see they didn't install a HUD, triple FMC, Space Shuttle Microwave landing System with TACAN Recovery option... :crazy:

A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.

- Douglas Adams, The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

Bought it when it first came out ... and have loved it ever since. I highly recommend it.

There's an old Avsim review that covers the FS9 verison here and a more recent Mutley's Hangar review for the FSX version here. There's an excellent video review on Youtube

Joel Murray @ CYVR (actually, somewhere about halfway between CYNJ and CZBB) 

It's a quality FS add-on. And by that I don't mean eye candy, I mean in the sense that it has been made with spirit which conveys the real aeroplane in a way which comes across when you fly it, i.e. it is essentially sort of similar to the DC-3, but at a point where it was not yet to the level of refinement which made the DC-3 a classic. In this way it is a snapshot of the era it hails from, where it was tricky to fly but with effort could be made to be a useful aircraft. It was from an era where skill and ability on the part of the pilot could bring out the things which would later be easy for pilots to draw out from the much friendlier DC-3. The shape of things to come if you will.

Sure it may not have the prettiest VC, but if you want to transport yourself to the era of Ernest K Gann, then the UIVER DC-2 will take you there, and in that sense, it is not only a good FS add on, but an education in itself. Nobody who truly loves history and airliners should be without it.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

think i might look at getting this a bit closer......

It just looks like a lot of fun with nice system etc. And its a DC-2 how can you go wrong ?? :Thinking:

lee