Sign in to follow this  
agent00729

Making the upgrade from FSX to FS9

Thank you all so much for replying to this topic. My specs are here:

Alienware M17x

Intel Core i7 940X 2.13 Ghz (3.33 Ghz turbo)

6 GB RAM DDR3

ATI radeon 5870

For my hardrive I was thinking of using a dedicated fs9 1TB eSATA Iomega professional external harddrive.

Will this system be capable of running the addons Ground Environment Pro, FS Global 2010, My world 2005, REX fs2004,Acticve Sky Evolution, Fsdreamteam Ohare, PMDG 747, FS2CREW, Pro Flight Emulator, full traffic, and TSS sounds together to achieve at least 25 fps?

Why would you need Active Sky Evo when already have REX?

It also depends on your ATI CCC settings +display settings. But with AA/AF in ATI CCC + max Fs9 display settings and GEP, FS Global 2010, REX, FSDT Ohare, PMDG 747, full AI. IMO you only can get a peak at 25fps.

If you can push the CPU to a higher core speed, that will help a lot on the fps.

Hoang Le

i5 13500 - eVGA RTX 3070 Ti - 32GB RAM

P3D v5

omg i completely forgot about Airsimmer, lol downloading it now for $39.99 it looks amazing!

I see that the advanced version is still not released. It has been a while since I followed the progress on this A320. I lost interest after the way they released the basic version. It seemed like they sabotaged their own product.There were many, many problems with it and it just put me right off.

What is the state of the basic edition now? Is it stable? Is the FMGC (FMC) realistic and does it have a good updatable database that supports SID's, STAR's and approaches with the usual aray of ARINC leg types or does it just import flight plans from FS. Worth getting or wait for the advanced version?

Cheers

Steve Hall

Some people have experienced registry problems with the FSX and FS9 paths. As soon as you have FS9 installed and if you then remove FSX check the paths with this free registry checker tool from flight1 by right clicking on it and select run as admin in VISTA or Win 7:

http://www.flight1.com/view.asp?page=library

I see that the advanced version is still not released. It has been a while since I followed the progress on this A320. I lost interest after the way they released the basic version. It seemed like they sabotaged their own product.There were many, many problems with it and it just put me right off.

What is the state of the basic edition now? Is it stable? Is the FMGC (FMC) realistic and does it have a good updatable database that supports SID's, STAR's and approaches with the usual aray of ARINC leg types or does it just import flight plans from FS. Worth getting or wait for the advanced version?

it is now at ver 1.4 and very stable, i still haven't taken off with it yet, lol i'm reading some manuals and watching youtube videos to learn the plane. I love how you can see through the windows of the plane right through the other side, amazing graphics for an fs9 plane, it looks better than some fsx downloads.

wow, thanks do much for posting the info about the airsimmer plane! It looks really amazing. I typically fly United flights so I think I will enjoy that product.

Some people have experienced registry problems with the FSX and FS9 paths. As soon as you have FS9 installed and if you then remove FSX check the paths with this free registry checker tool from flight1 by right clicking on it and select run as admin in VISTA or Win 7:

http://www.flight1.c...sp?page=library

Thanks for informing me. Will I need to use this tool if I have an external hard drive? Also, I think I may keep fsx on for my orbx GA flying as I still have decent fps when I am not flying heavy planes at very crowded airports in fsx. Will this mean I still need to use the tool?

It is more stable than the previous version, it is not perfect but not as bad as what people think, BUT... you are not only learning the Airbus philosophy (no way one jumps into the cockpit and flies the bird)n, you will also become a FS9 mad scientist, you need to tweak a bit, you may encounter CTD's although some people stated that they hardly encountered CTD in so many flights, so you got to know your system well as it works well in some systems and needs to be tweaked in other systems. Unfortunately, in my case, I had to restructure my fs9 from the scratch, it took days since I had to reformat my OS. (I always reinstall my fs9 whenever a new complex add on is about to install)

If you're looking for an accurate airbus add on that depicts the FBW perfectly, this is the last resort, options would be great but there aren't...

but there's a price you gotta pay, I aint talkin bout $40 no.. it's rather cheap for this hobby If you ask me, but you will get a bit of frustration if you don't spend one or two days ONLY for searching and learning and tweaking and asking and ... well, no matter what happened, I won't refund it, so many people have been successfully enjoyed this fierté française

Cheers

The path includes the drive letter so I would use the registry checker regardless of where FS is located.

Thanks for informing me. Will I need to use this tool if I have an external hard drive? Also, I think I may keep fsx on for my orbx GA flying as I still have decent fps when I am not flying heavy planes at very crowded airports in fsx. Will this mean I still need to use the tool?

the only thing FS9 doesnt have is the PMDG NGX.. i loved FS9 but with my Avarage system FSX is okey..

A2A products

it has the ifly 737ng which looks like the ngx in fsx and of course the awesome PMDG MD-11 and 747, Plus Captain Sim 757 and Level D 767 which all look like the fsx version. Trust me, watch some videos on youtube and you won't be able to tell the difference between fsx or fs9.

But the Level D 767 is enhanced in the FSX version so if I would fly the LVD767 again (already have FS9 version) I would prefer to do so on FSX.