Sign in to follow this  
SetSpeed

ground environment vs the pro version

Hello! Im thinking of buying flight 1's ground environment to replace fs9 ground textures. All I want is ground, not sky or cloud as I have rex already installed. Is it worth the extra $20 to get ground environment pro or is just ground environment good enough?

It is well worth the $20. However, I think you can get ground environment and then upgrade later on for $20, if you wish. I bought GE when it first came out and after 4 years was still able to upgrade.

As I understand it the major improvement of Pro is that it can modify the ground textures to match your current flight weather. It has a few other features as well, like coordinating with several addon weather programs, etc. It also has a few improved ground textures. But I'm sure you would be happy with the standard version too. :)

Hope this helps,

Thanks guys! I will probably get the standard version and if I really like it take advantage of the coupon for the pro version. I do most of my flying in fsx but recently bought the aeroworx king air and can't stand the default desert textures. I do most of my flying in the southwestern usa so Im hoping this will improve the look of fs9.

I do most of my flying in the southwestern usa so Im hoping this will improve the look of fs9.

It should, It has been a long time since I installed it, But I remember it making my ground textures much better. Definitely go for the pro edition somewhere down the road because, as stated above, it adds more enhancements to your ground textures including weather specific textures and all-around improved textures over the standard edition.

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W

Hello

Be aware that the ground textures in the Pro version are different (better) than the earlier non pro version, they were much improved over the first release.

The autogen placement and optimisation is also better.

There really is no reason to buy the original release as the Pro version is a better product in every way.

Ok, got the pro version. Test flight from kelp to kabq and ground is looking much better than default.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2

Ok, got the pro version. Test flight from kelp to kabq and ground is looking much better than default.

Glad you achieved the desired effect friend. Cheers!

Mobo/CPU: MSI Z490-A PRO - Intel Core i7-11700K (8 cores - 16 Threads) @5Ghz (CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-U12S)

GPU: SAPPHIRE PULSE Radeon RX 5600XT 6Gb GDDR6

RAM: 32Gb (4x8Gb) TEAMGROUP T-Force Vulcan Z DDR4 3200Mhz CL16

Storage: Samsung 980 PRO PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD 500Gb & addlink 1TB SSD NVMe PCIe 3.0 M.2

PSU: EVGA 750BQ 80+ Bronze 750W