Sign in to follow this  
sgt.victor

weird smoke/vapor/cloud underneath NGX

Hey Guys,

I've noticed this weird smoke thingy underneath my NGX 738 aircraft during a flight from YSSY-YMML,

Please have a look at the attachment, the smoke is highlighted within the circles, the big one is the majority of it whereas the smaller ones are like droplets, this vapor/smoke thingy just keeps breaking up, drops, and on and on and on. it happens at all altitudes, FL370 and 9000ft.

I never had this kinda thing before, I noticed it this time after I had FSX minimized for 20mins or so, which may have caused it, cz previously I would monitor FSX throughout the flight.

Info:

PMDG 737 NGX

REX2.0+Overdrive

Clear skies (current weather)

Active Sky Evolution with real world weather turned on before, but turned off as soon as I discovered this, but no change to the smoke.

I suspect more of a computer/calculation issue than something to do with the NGX, or the weather engine, or FSX.

Please comment, let me know if you want more information.

Cheers!

Victor

Hard to see anything in the picture. If You have started from a wet runway, the FSX's bug will left Your plane with a water spray effect few feet beneath the model till the end of flight.

Hard to see anything in the picture. If You have started from a wet runway, the FSX's bug will left Your plane with a water spray effect few feet beneath the model till the end of flight.

Thanks mate, yes indeed I took off from YSSY on a rainy night, so I guess you are right, is there anyway to fix this bug?

Cheers!

Victor

Only way to remove it is to 'Reload aircraft', you can set a command for that in FSX Controls

Jay

Only way to remove it is to 'Reload aircraft', you can set a command for that in FSX Controls

Which effectively kills the aircraft panel state ruining your flight....