Sign in to follow this  
Sebastien

Problem S-Turns / LNAV

boys

I have a problem with both REX and Active Sky 2012.

when active real weather I have problems with LNAV

the real weather is too abrupt changes in wind direction from right to left.

consequently LNAV is skidding to the right and left.

For more information I have not installed FSUIPC.

Thanks for your response aspect.

:Kiss:

when I installed FSUIPC do I set?

Read the AS2012 Documentation File on how to set up FSUIPC, fsx.cfg and FSUIPC.ini to avoid S-Turns. It works for the NGX but not the MD-11.

Michael Cubine

I have ASE and although i have almost elimated s turns, i do still get a lot of engine RPM variance up and down during cruise.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

boys

I have a problem with both REX and Active Sky 2012.

when active real weather I have problems with LNAV

the real weather is too abrupt changes in wind direction from right to left.

consequently LNAV is skidding to the right and left.

For more information I have not installed FSUIPC.

Thanks for your response aspect.

:Kiss:

Have you followed all of the recommendations in the introduction documentation?

I have ASE and although i have almost elimated s turns, i do still get a lot of engine RPM variance up and down during cruise.

I guess you never been in the cockpit when the plane gets into different airmass or crosses jetstream and the wind changes in a matter of a second. There are thousand of people got injured and many even died from not fastened seatbelts at cruising level.

When in turbulence, you have to disengage autothrust and on boeings the engine power isnt measured in rpm...

I guess you never been in the cockpit when the plane gets into different airmass or crosses jetstream and the wind changes in a matter of a second. There are thousand of people got injured and many even died from not fastened seatbelts at cruising level.

When in turbulence, you have to disengage autothrust and on boeings the engine power isnt measured in rpm...

So this is normal from TOC to TOD constantly? Yes i am aware that RPM is not the exactly correct way to put it when referring to a jet. However if you want to be picky about it, a turbine rotates and does so at differing rates of rpm according to the thrust the throttles are set to.

Just looking for some 'friendly advice'

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

So this is normal from TOC to TOD constantly? Yes i am aware that RPM is not the exactly correct way to put it when referring to a jet. However if you want to be picky about it, a turbine rotates and does so at differing rates of rpm according to the thrust the throttles are set to.

Just looking for some 'friendly advice'

Regards,

Well, To be straight, all I did is install ASE/AS2012, FSUIPC last version (full version ISNT required), turnoff turbulence in FSX menu, change turbulence scale in FSX.cfg as said in ASE/AS2012 manual, reduce max turbulence effects by 50% (as well as shears and so on) in ASE/AS2012, turnoff wake turbulence.

That's all. You might get little speed jums especially at the areas with high mountain dencity, when the stations get changed. The truth is that it's actually not normal thing in flight sim (jumps caused because of DWC mode limits in FSX weather engine). But another fact about it, is that in real life you also get these jumps in turbulent areas and this makes you to feel fine about it.

The fix for the original post is easy I think.

Simply go to weather settings in FSX and ensure Disable turbulence and thermal effects on aircraft is ticked,

Keithy George