Sign in to follow this  
Joe Long

New PC

I am in the process of building a new PC. I have Flight installed, and I added the Hawaiian Island, the Maule, and the Van.

My question is, how do I access the DLC that I have purchased, once it's time to reinstall on the new machine?

Thanks, Joe

hmmm....are you building a completely NEW pc, or just upgrading the one you have? are you going to use the same HD?

anyways, i'd guess logging into your live account will allow you to DL and play all those things whilst being logged in, however, if you're not connected to live, then they probably won't work.

you'll probably have to do a license transfer (like on xbox)... i'd email live support to be sure.

Hi Joe.

Once you build your new PC, install the GWFL Marketplace Client and login with your LIVE credentials (for the gamertag associated to Flight and purchases)

Then go to Marketplace Client Downloads (2nd tab). The Flight game and all your purchased DLC will be there. You can reinstall from there. There is no need to transfer licenses.

If you don't want to rebuild all your career then make a backup of your career files. After you install Flight on the new PC do the first two missions (balloons and yacht) and quit Flight. Then copy your backuped career files over to your Flight Player -> Career folder. (20 files total)

Career files are located here:

%LocalAppData%\Microsoft\Flight\Players (<- Copy paste to address bar)

then navigate to: Numbers Folder -> Career