Sign in to follow this  
ReneB

Retrieving PMDG password

Hello,

As I'm considering the purchase of the PMDG B737NGX, I've been trying to log in at their site. My e-mail address apparently exists in the PMDG store database, but I have forgotten my password. After going through the motions I was told that a new password was being sent to me. However, subsequently nothing happened. Made another attempt a day later, same result, no e-mail. Does anyone have an idea what can be done to make PMDG aware of this frustrating situation? The only other way to contact them seems to be via a ticket, but that's only possible if you're logged in, i.e. impossible.

Thanks,

René

The new password will be sent to the email address you first used to create an account or purchase a product from them. So, if you have that email address' password, then you should be able to retrieve that password for your PMDG account that they have sent you.

Same here. I've been trying to retrieve my password for PMDG shop 2 days in a row - no luck. NGX was purchased a week ago.

Thanks for the replies. Rick, the problem is that I don't remember the password that I used when I created the account. That must be a long time ago, as I was surprised that I had an account in the first place. Anyway, G-YMML1, from your post I understand that the NGX can be purchased without logging in. It doesn't make an impression of reliability though, when you get the feeling of being 'left in the dark'.

Kind regards,

René

Maybe you can try emailing PMDG's Support separately from here in the Forum, and they may be able to assist you, as I cannot see them providing an answer to something like this, here in a Forum that is open to view to all and sundry.

Hi,

I looked through the entire PMDG site and I wasn't been able to find any button something like "Contact Us".

As of today, after 72 hours I cannot.

1) Activate my e-mail in the support area, because the link says "the page is not available"

2) Retrieve my password from PMDG shop, because I'm not receiving e-mail even into the spam folder.

Hello PMDG!!! I ran out of options. Please have some respect to the customers.

Thank you

Dmitriy T.

On the PMDG homepage, I can see a Contact Us applet.Have you tried that? Because that will take you to the PMDG Portal where they have a Support Desk and options there.

I have tried the 'Contact PMDG' applet on the homepage. This leads to a page with two items: Product Support and Customer Support. The former can only be accessed by logging in (which is impossible when you have a forgotten password problem), the latter points to this forum. If customer support is being done via this forum, then I would expect that someone from the PMDG staff would monitor it and take action when there is (e.g.) a software issue which prevents proper operation of the password retrieval system.

René

I have tried the same, but since my e-mail cannot be verified via PMDG website (definitely there are problems with their website), this forum is the only source of getting help.

Ironically, their Support Page says that status of the operation is "Normal". That's some kind of joke I supposed or there is other way to get help from PMDG.

At least. they could say "folks, we have problems - you'll let you know once they're fixed" and this would be totally understandable.

Thanks

Dmitriy T.

I take it you guys have actually Registered for Support because that is needed before you can get any Support, in other words, before you can submit a Support Ticket? Because, although I already have Registered with them, I was able to create a new Registration although I aborted it before submission. So that proves that side is functioning as it should, and as stated, is ' Normal' status.

Yes, I did registered for support, but I cannot validate my e-mail because of the problems on PMDG side. No validation = no support.

As far as PMDG shop concern, I have been their customer since 2003 and purchased NGX just 2 weeks ago. Yes, I forgot my password, clicked on "send the e-mail with instructions to reset the password" and nothing happened. My e-mail box (including spam) is empty.

Sorry, pal.I have no other solution to offer you. I just hope somebody from PMDG can assist you far better than I can,and that you get it successfully resolved.

Best of Luck.

Ok - Day Three and zero progress.

Actually, I don't care about the support right now because I don't need it at this level. I just need a password to access PMDG store with my orders. Is anyone has a knowledge of how to reach PMDG staff besides the official means? Has Ryan been posting recently on other forums?

Thanks Dmitriy,

Guys,

I just tried the support system password reset/forgot password link and it worked for me, the email came pretty much instantly. We're looking into a couple other email-related issues right now though, but that specifically seems to be working. You're positive you checked your junk email folder etc? The support system and the web store are completely different - they do not use the same password, you have to make a separate account for the support system.

The forum is NOT our primary support system - I'm on the ticket system every day, but not always on the forum. If this is the only place you're posting things, that's why I didn't see it until now. There's no way I can catch every single thread that happens here, there's just too many, that's why we have the ticket system, it guarantees we see the request.

EDIT: Just tried the main site/store password retrieval too - that worked instantly as well. That really doesn't seem like it indicates a problem on our end with the emails actually being sent... if the email's being blocked elsewhere in the chain after it leaves our server there isn't anything we can do about that.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com

Ryan,

I was able to activate my e-mail in the support area and posted the ticket where explained all my problems. However, PMDG shop still doesn't work for me - I requested my password, but e-mail box is still empty including spam. I used this e-mail 2 weeks ago when purchased NGX and had no problems receiving receipts.

Your help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Dmitriy T.