Sign in to follow this  
Slick9

FS2crew + GSX?

Morning

Question 1:

Are there different versions for FS2crew (eg. with different checklists) for the NGX? I was watching a youtube video this weekend and part of the approach or landing checklist (I can't remember) had a call for "speedbreak - armed" My voice version for the NGX doesn't have this call (I wish it did because I've forgottent to arm the speedbreak more than once).

Question 2:

Which brings me over from question 1 - the reason I was watching the youtube video was to get a feel forf how GSX works with FS2crew. How does the whole door, gate, and push back work with the FS2crew interaction with the NGX? Also, do you notice a frame rate impact? I watched a few you tube videos and it seems to be a great product, the big plus for me is the fact that (not 100% sure about this) but it seems that the pushback places you accurately on the taxi lines, meaning you don't have to guess distance for pushback. The only negative I noticed from the videos was the ground crew comms sounded mechanical (not as realistic as FS2crew). Anyway, interested in FS2crew users w/ GSX's opinions.

Thanks!!!

If you are using FS2Crew's Voice version, it is up to you as the PF, to call for the speedbrake to be armed if you require your FO to do so. But if my memory is clear from other Voice Commanders, as I do not use the Voice version for the 737NGX, it is part of the PF's flow to arm that speedbrake.

Cannot help you with the GSX as I do not yet have it installed.

so maybe in the video i was watching, it was the user just added that to the checklist and it wasn't FS2crew that I was hearing.

Not having seen that particular video, I would have no idea what exactly you are referencing to. Perhaps you can send me that video link. I will then have look at it and then be in a better position to evaluate.

Morning

Question 1:

Are there different versions for FS2crew (eg. with different checklists) for the NGX? I was watching a youtube video this weekend and part of the approach or landing checklist (I can't remember) had a call for "speedbreak - armed" My voice version for the NGX doesn't have this call (I wish it did because I've forgottent to arm the speedbreak more than once).

Question 2:

Which brings me over from question 1 - the reason I was watching the youtube video was to get a feel forf how GSX works with FS2crew. How does the whole door, gate, and push back work with the FS2crew interaction with the NGX? Also, do you notice a frame rate impact? I watched a few you tube videos and it seems to be a great product, the big plus for me is the fact that (not 100% sure about this) but it seems that the pushback places you accurately on the taxi lines, meaning you don't have to guess distance for pushback. The only negative I noticed from the videos was the ground crew comms sounded mechanical (not as realistic as FS2crew). Anyway, interested in FS2crew users w/ GSX's opinions.

Thanks!!!

It's part of the landing checklist, but you must do the approach checklist before you can do the landing checklist. Try to follow the tutorial that's a part of Fs2Crew. There are many good tips.

Kind regards

Peter

If it's part of the landing checklist I've been missing it, I typically call "approach checklist" at 10,000 feet and then read out my altimeter setting and I haven't heard the speedbreak call in the checklist. Then at glideslope intersect I call for "landing checklist and I haven't heard the speedbreak call there either.

speedbreak

It's a brake, not like taking a break, so it does a job brakes generally do. This is not a spellcheck or anything like that. Just assigning the correct terminology.

Hi,

I sono to By GSX, But i Read the GSX non Works to Fs2crew For 737NGX ?

The Fs2crew For 737NGX, Works Only to AES For Aerosoft ?

Have a Good Day,

Roberto.

Hi,

I sono to By GSX, But i Read the GSX non Works to Fs2crew For 737NGX ?

The Fs2crew For 737NGX, Works Only to AES For Aerosoft ?

Have a Good Day,

Roberto.

That's not entirely accurate. If you wan t to use GSX, you just say no to Pushback in the Config panel and use GSX as you would if you weren't using Fs2Crew. As soon as the GSX ground crew clears you for engine start, you start your engines with your FO in Fs2Crew while GSX is pushing you back.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

That's not entirely accurate. If you wan t to use GSX, you just say no to Pushback in the Config panel and use GSX as you would if you weren't using Fs2Crew. As soon as the GSX ground crew clears you for engine start, you start your engines with your FO in Fs2Crew while GSX is pushing you back.

You do exactly the same when using AES, and when using GSX remember to say YES to AES in config.

Kind regards

Peter

gsx works fine with me

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

and when using GSX remember to say YES to AES in config.

You are right, i left that out. Thanks for bringing that up.

Regards,

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg