Sign in to follow this  
Jessica Bannister-Pearce

'Water issue' for nvidia 300 series drivers in FSX?

Hi guys,

Thought I'd share this observation. Since the arrival of the new 300 series drivers, I've noticed big fps drops when near or over large bodies of water in FSX. My standard slider setting is low x 2 and using REX 2 textures for my water. I noticed the issue when I was testing a triple screen system with the new 680 Gtx and I figured it was just a driver issue with that card. However, i'm also seeing the same problem with my own rig running with a standard 560gtx (non ti).

Now setting the water to high x 1 or lower solves the problem and things return to normal. So is anyone else seeing this or is it just me? Oh the driver I'm using is the 301.24 beta

Best wishes,

Jessica Bannister-Pearce

I've noticed the same thing. Nvidia is hard at work fixing the 300.X series drivers as they are bug ridden with other games too.

Hmmm... Good for us AMD/ATI guys!

BTW BenCap, why quote the OP when you´re the first to answer the question?

Waste of space, not?

Member correcting staff, hihi! Do I get kicked now?

Hmmm... Good for us AMD/ATI guys!

At least NV will eventually fix their drivers while AMD just sticks their heads in the sand.

:Big Grin:

BTW BenCap, why quote the OP when you´re the first to answer the question?

Waste of space, not?

Member correcting staff, hihi! Do I get kicked now?

Fixed.

Correcting staff is strictly enforced and will result in severe punishment. JK ROFL

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

At least NV will eventually fix their drivers while AMD just sticks their heads in the sand.

Ouch that hurts!!!!!!!:-)

David DD

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO:

I haven't noticed this with 301.24 and FSXMark 11 which is around KBOS, right off the Atlantic Ocean. i would think the issue would be observable there. I think the issue either lies with multi-monitor or REX (plus this driver, of course).