Sign in to follow this  
frits1992

FSX Freezes every 2 minutes for about 15 seconds with NGX

Dear PMDG,

I desperately need some help with a problem that i have. FSX is freezing hundreds of times during a flight with the NGX. It is terrible. It only freezes for about 15 seconds. I have tested the whole weekend and it only freezes with the NGX. level-d, feelthere, eaglesoft, pmdg md 11, pmdg 747, no problem at all. But my favourite plane unfortunately does.

And i also did a complete clean install, not just FSX and the NGX, no I did a total recovery of my computer. But this isn't the solution. I have a very powerfull computer. See specs:

Specs

Windows 7 64 BIT

6 GB DDR 3 memory

SSD drive for FSX as wel for Windows 7

Intel core i7 960 3.20 GHZ

AMD Radeon HD 6900 series 2GB DDR 5

FSX Acceleration

NGX latest version

Any help would very be appriciated. I just hate that I am not able to fly my favourite plane.

Kind regards,

Frits van Laarhoven.

Make sure you exclude your FSX folder from being scanned by your anti virus software. I bet that you also use FSUIPC (registered) and you use its auto save facility set to save every 120 seconds, something in FSUIPC and the NGX looks suspicious to many Anti virus programs when FSUIPC makes these recurring autosaves, adding the FSX folder into an exclusion should stop or a least greatly lessen the length of the freeze.

If the above doesn't help or you don't even have any AV software on the PC then it maybe that your hard drives are just too slow.

Cheers, Andy.

Before I changed my C drive to an SSD, I had set my FSUIPC autosave every ten minutes (600 sec) and the delay during the save for the NGX was around 8 seconds and negligeable for other AC. I have now switched to an SSD, placed FSX in the root directory and run FSUIPC autosave every 300 secs (5 mins), leaving two saves. The actual save time is almost instant as compare to the 8 seconds with a normal SATA drive.

Each save consists of 3 files. In order to avoid a saturation of files in the PMDG /Panelstate folder which may crash FSX and will also show in the FMC, I followed the advice here:

http://forum.simflig...d-the-pmdg-ngx/

and added 3 lines in the FSUIPC.ini

Hope this helps others.

Hi All,

I had the same problem  after switching to a SSD drive.  The NGX would freeze every 4-5 minutes for a few seconds]   I read though a lot of forums  trying to find the fix.  Finally, I came across this one. Turned off the Auto-Save, and problem gone.  I'll leave it off as I don't seem to need it anymore.

Thank you Charles

Thanks,

Jerry Friz

PS, Awaiting the release of SP2, for the Wx. Radar

I've got an SSD and I have autosave switched on in FSUIPC but what stopped this happening for me was adding my ssd to the exclude list in Microsoft's Security Essentials. Now it doesn't happen at all.

Brian Thomas

WW1618.png