Sign in to follow this  
1st fltsimguy

PFJ - Pacific Fjords - Odd Texture Polygon

Flying north of Prince Rupert I found that I have three weird polygons what appear to be the wrong landclass. Looks totally weird given I was flying in summer.

The screen shot has the coordinates. Does anyone else have this same oddity?

I posted over at Orbx but have not had any feedback yet. I'll I'm looking for is a quick check to see if this is a problem for my textures or if others have it as well.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

I had a similar thing some time ago. It appeared to me to be "tears" in the scenery--almost like a hole in the space/time continuum from some science fiction movie. I posted at the official support forum and was told it had to do with the way FSX generated the visible scenery and that nothing could be done about it. It only showed up once in a while and must have disappeared in some fashion. I haven't seen it for quite some time. No real help but there it is.

I had a similar thing some time ago. It appeared to me to be "tears" in the scenery--almost like a hole in the space/time continuum from some science fiction movie. I posted at the official support forum and was told it had to do with the way FSX generated the visible scenery and that nothing could be done about it. It only showed up once in a while and must have disappeared in some fashion. I haven't seen it for quite some time. No real help but there it is.

I wonder if your oddity isn't a few small ponds/lakes not generating properly??

Based upon what you have said, I will go back to that area again to see if it still exists after having rebooted my computer and fsx many times since then.

The folks at orbx said they would take a look at it eventually.

Those three areas are texture polygons. They appear to be displaying the wrong polygon which can easily be fixed. And yes they appear to be swampy areas of something but are showing rock and snow.

Near CAM3

Just checked, those polygon anomolies are still there.

Near CAM3

That's indeed helpful :Hypnotized: We have reached the end of my extensive knowledge (no-ledge I suppose). Sorry I can't offer more.