Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Next DLC Teased on FB!

http://www.facebook....com/#!/msflight

Im thinking F6F. Im 99% sure of this, and no I dont have any "inside knolege". Im sure 99% sure it has no cockpit ;) Its 100% a navy bird going off of the marking, and a late war at that. The tapering at the top disqualifies F4F and F4U, and also the SBD.

*EDIT*

Now that im looking at the models I made (F4U for A2A and F6F for Vertigo) I think its the F4U. The panel lines, shape, and even a small door match up to the F4U.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Well, that's it. I'm done with Flight. This is just a joke now lol. Another warbird, still no news on Alaska, no hope for the future.

Sorry you feel this way, but it was already known that there was 1 more warbird "in the pipe" but they did state that this was the last in the series. I hope its true since I dont know anyone that will want a cockpitless warbird in Alaska. Time will tell, but im with you in getting frustrated by the lack of news that relevant in my section of the flight simming experience.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Yeah try and not let it get you down to much. As Kevin mentioned, it was stated some time ago these were already in the pipeline to go along with the Hawaii theme, probably all planned before the initial release of the program.

I personally will not get it, like I did not get the P40 or the Zero.

But I do have high hopes, very high hopes, for what may lie ahead with the Alaska DLC.

No interest in another hobbled warbird, but this puts us one step closer to the Alaska release -- and that's a good thing. :smile:

Hellcat, or Avenger????

Anyway, it's welcome.... I smoke the FLIGHT Pipe :Black Eye: I'm all for FLIGHT, FLIGHT shall it Be, FLIGHT my FLIGHT I Love Thee

:Praying: Please Just Give me Alaska NEXT!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

That brings up a good question though. Going with the pattern, I think its safe to assume that Alaska will be launched with an assortment of "delux" aircraft, like Hawaii (RV6 and Maule). But also going with the theme, there will most likley be non-delux aircraft like the warbirds. I just cant see warbirds finding a themed place in Alaska though. So the question is, what "standard" aircraft do you think there may be in an Alaska theme?

Here is what I think. Small bush aircraft MUST HAVE A COCKPIT for bush flying. Sorry, but it requires way too much "feedback" to fly bush without gauges. So to me, that eliminates small bush aircraft like the Maule. Here is a pure guess as to what standard DLC could bring to Alaska.

Medium cargo or passanger aircraft!

Watching "Flying Wild Alaska" they used twin turboprops quite a bit for longer hauls to bigger airports. Things like the Short C-23 Sherpa, and Dash 8-9. Honestly, I would not have a problem with something like the Sherpa being standard DLC, but PLEASE at least bundle some DLC spacific missions with it.

One of my biggest gripes about the DLC warbirds is there is nothing to do with them!!! No cockpit is bad as it is, but no missions based on that spacific aircraft? Thats just lazy! I think one of the best missions was the RV-6 "checkout" mission and the Icon A-5 Kayak mission. If the standard DLC would include a few of those types of story missions, I would be a LOT more inclined to buy them!!! As it is now, they are just eye candy. Flight already has plenty of that.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

One of my biggest gripes about the DLC warbirds is there is nothing to do with them!!!

Challenges!!!!! I keep using the Zero for some of it and it fits!!!!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

I think it's a Corsair.

The more I look at it, the more I agree with you. The curv on the side of the F6F is more flat and tapers off at the top. The side of the F4U is more round, like in the screenshot. Also the panel lines match up well, and there is a door in the proper place that matches up with the screenshot.

Challenges!!!!! I keep using the Zero for some of it and it fits!!!!

The only challenges I liked was the landing ones for each aircraft, but I can see the coin collecting one being better in the Zero. I tried in the mustang and failed horribly on it. Just like in real life, it does NOT like to turn.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer

Thank God it's the last warbird!!! :Party: :Party: :Party: :Party:

Well, that's it. I'm done with Flight. This is just a joke now lol. Another warbird, still no news on Alaska, no hope for the future.

Don't give up that easy...we all feel that way.

Totally agree with you Kevin, if the basic planes came with missions of the same quality as the kyaker rescue mission, I would probably own them all. Even if they had their own hoops course I would own at least one of them.

But as is, I am not sure what I would do with them aside from a few awards/achievements.

This qualifies as the "Most Stupid Question of the Week" though:

Nathan Zaremskiy why do ms flight addons cost money!

Oh gee let's see... Why do double-cheeseburgers at McDonalds cost money? :LMAO:

Of course, strictly IMHO, they wouldn't be a good value even at 99 cents! :Money Eyes:

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

I posted this over at the Steam forum as a suggestion for the type of mission for the warbird value DLC.

"A suggestion would be a honor flight in the Zero, recreating the waypoints of the flights that attacked Pearl Harbor with historical chatter over the radio, and ending in a cerimonial fly-by of the USS Arizona in honor of the men who lost there lives there, and a tour of Ford Island showing were Zero's strafed the control tower, that left bullet holes still visible today. I think a historical tour like this would be a great selling point, and would only need some VO work and basic scripting."

I would buy the Zero just for that, without cockpit. Toss in a few livery's and maybe a unique gold rush, and I think it would sell a lot better then what they offer now.

Kevin Miller

3D Artist and developer