Sign in to follow this  
Gibbage

Next DLC Teased on FB!

Don't think it's the Hellcat because the emblem runs right up to the tailplane in pictures i looked at. Thinking more Wildcat or Corsair.

Frankly I don’t care for another warbird and most probably w/o cockpit.

I have my sights solely on upcoming Alaska and hopefully some extra deluxe airplanes. In the meantime I’ll keep enjoying what I have.

Well, that's it. I'm done with Flight. This is just a joke now lol. Another warbird, still no news on Alaska, no hope for the future.

Some of us feel the same about this guessing game, but don't give up yet. Alaska should be out sometime in June. (probably)

Hellcat, or Avenger????

Anyway, it's welcome.... I smoke the FLIGHT Pipe :Black Eye: I'm all for FLIGHT, FLIGHT shall it Be, FLIGHT my FLIGHT I Love Thee

:Praying:

Not according to some of your lest few threads, the word "fickle" comes to mind, LOL.

If by some odd chance the corsair has a VC, it will be welcome in my hanger and a nice way to pass the time till Alaska comes out.

Best, Michael

KDFW

Due to the way that the light is shining on the curved tail I feel that it is most likely a Corsair vs. the Hellcat. Hellcat looks more boxy in my opinion.

I still have a tiny bit of hope they will break this streak of worthless DLC and give the last warbird a cockpit. Not much hope at all, no, but it could happen.

In any case, that's what it will take if they want my money.

Permission to at least have a good looking photo of a cockpit in this one. It doesn't need to have a cockpit, it just needs to have a good picture of one to make us feel like there is a functional cockpit.

I dunno. I just hosted a rather large multiplayer match where not only was everyone not on the main island (they must have all purchased the DLC, right?) we were all on war birds!

It was a general melee that took place above the airport with people struggling to stay on another persons six despite their best efforts to evade. To my surprise, not only were all the planes distinctly different in their handling, it was actually thought provoking and interesting trying the different planes and exploring their strengths and weakness in that situation.

It went on for hours, and in fact may still be occurring, since I left the session running rather than boot all of those players.

Would have been nicer with cockpits, but it was far from a complete waste. These planes can be fun, and if the new plane is nice, it might just make my "buy" list.

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Comparison pics with the FSX A2A F4U:

1-35.jpg

2-33.jpg

Panel lines seem to be a pretty close match.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Well, with this one out I can start holding my breath again and hope we'll finally hear about Alaska and hopefully the VC plane to go with it in about a month(?). I just need a bit more patience...

Not according to some of your lest few threads, the word "fickle" comes to mind, LOL.

Touché!!! That's me :-)

Anyway, I really enjoy FLIGHT, although my hardcore simmer genetics make me wonder why this or that bugs exist, why this or that features haven't been implemented...

I am particularly sensible at physics model flaws, at the way weather is modellled in a flightsim, etc... Yet, after thinking for a while I can accept and live with that if the outcome is still positive overall. That is what happens with FLIGHT - although there as aspects I am rather critic about (and these do not include the cockpitless aircraft, because I have them all, although the p-51 is the one I fly the less...) I still end up thinking that FLIGHT brings me the biggest joy I ever had with a flightsim. This includes those specific, much more detailled simulators I use for instance to "play" flying gliders, something I also do for real... BTW: looking forward for a glider in FLIGHT, and I am almost sure they'll add one sooner or later....

But yes, you got it - fickle is the word... ;-)

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

fickle is the word

I used to be fickle but I changed my mind

I agree it's an F4U..Let's get it out the way so we can have some snow :smile:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

If fickle is the opposite of dogmatic, then that works for me too ;)

Just did my first aerocache in the P-40 - flying at high speed and tree-top height down the Honokohau Valley. Got the aerocache but then overshot the Kapalua runway - not easy landing with no cockpit.

I tried the moving eyepoint back trick, it kinda works but is not too aesthetically pleasing...

So - next stop... Alaska?!

I tried the moving eyepoint back trick, it kinda works but is not too aesthetically pleasing...

Whow, the p-40 is a beast to fly on those valleys.... Congratulations!!! I prefer the Zero, turns fast and tight, it's a very "light" aircraft...

The eyepoint can at least be moved to the tip of the prop spinner because in the cockpitless aircraft it way ahead of it and that is really not good for a safe perspective on such challenges. I either use the "cockpit" view or the tip spinner view...

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

The eye-point can at least be moved to the tip of the prop spinner...

Thanks for the suggestion. I will try that one, as at that point your view is, to all intents and purposes, the view from the plane.

Yeah, the P-40 looks good, but is not the most agile of planes :)