Sign in to follow this  

Sweet! Any word on when the update is supposed to roll out?

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.

Sweet! Any word on when the update is supposed to roll out?

Oooh not a clue. But I hope it's soon. Maybe before the 19th when Austin does his interview with Avsim, that's just a wild stab in the dark. Will be interesting to see what is on the cards for 10.10 as info on the dev blog has been fairly scarce up to this point. Looking forward to landing on that platform in a dark, stormy night. Better get practicing the ol' copter skills!

Rhydian

That is Beautiful.Going to need a real true to life Helo to go with that,Any suggestions?

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick

Truly amazing. I have been holding out on making a decision to go and buy this Xplane 10 mainly due to lack of good quality videos I am finding on the net.

This one is just awesome. What caught my eye is the shadows moving across the cockpit as the Helo rotates.

Can anyone confirm if that is a addon or the addon Helo or stock game settings. I have not really played with the Demo too much due to experience not trusting the performance of demo vs actual game....ie, Arma2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That helo is the BK 117 addon by ND Art & Technology.

http://nd-art-and-technology.com/BK117_main.html

As for performance, you should be able to run it pretty well, going by your system specs. X-Plane 10 makes much better use of your graphics card than FSX, so a lot of details can be set pretty high without too much of a performance hit. The main culprits are maxed out shadows, maxed out clouds, and maxed out road traffic. Traffic and clouds can be set pretty low and still look pretty good, and shadows can be dropped down to the next highest setting and look good as well.

Once you start adding OSM data as scenery, then you'll have to make adjustments to suit your taste in appearance vs. performance. My system is a bit more modest than yours, and I run at mid-to-high settings across the board. I don't do AI traffic, though, because X-Plane's handling of it is still very much a WIP.

"No matter how eloquent you are or how solidly and firm you've built your case, you will never win in an argument with an idiot, for he is too stupid to recognize his own defeat." ~Anonymous.