Sign in to follow this  
crosswind

QualityWings BAE 146

I happened to be looking at Flight1 for an add-on and came across the link for QW's upcoming BAE146

http://www.flight1.com/products.asp?product=qw146

Get you cards ready ladies and gents.

KROSWYND    a.k.a KILO_WHISKEY
Majestic Software Development/Support
Banner_MJC8.png

Sys 1:  AMD 7950X3D, NOCTUA D15S, Gigabyte Elite B650, MSI 4090, 64Gb Ram, Corsair 850 Power Supply, 2x2TB M.2 Samsung 980s, 1x4TB WDD M.2, 6xNoctua 120mm case fans, LG C2 55" OLED running at 120Hz for the monitor, Win11. Sys 2:  i7 8700k, MSI GAMING MBoard, 32Gigs RAM, MSI 4070Ti & EVGA 1080Ti. Hardware:  Brunner CLS-E-NG Yoke, Fulcrum One yoke, TM TPR Rudder Pedals, Yoko TQ6+ NEO, StreamDeck, Tobii Eye Tracker, Virpil VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Base with a TM grip
SIMULATORS: MSFS2020/XP12/P3D v5.4 & v6:  YouTube Videos

Personally, I'm somewhat put off by the convoluted nature of the release and the fact that the FS9 one is coming first, although when it is all finally out, I'll probably end up considering it, although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon, so that's two races QW have on their hands now, one against Aerosim getting the English version of their 787 out, and one against JF getting their 146 out.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

although there is also the JF one on the way as well soon

Hello Al

Is the JF version the one being done by CLS ?

I was in East London over the last few days. Sat for hours watching those babies go in and out. That really is some approach!

The VC in that 146 looks really well done..

Agree with you about EGLC, Dougal..Those 146' pull UP fast after rotation, and seem to just drop in over Docklands..Got a mate who lives in a boat right under the flight path...They are quiet, though...Have to be for all of the NAP over East-London

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I am really looking forward to getting my hands on the FSX version of the Avro RJ. It's frustrating that the FS9 version is being done first, but what can you do? That's the decision they made. On a side note.....I really wish that BAE Systems had persevered with the RJX.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Ya, I have no idea why they are doing the FS9 version first, o well, it looks like a nice plane but its just not my cup of tea, the only developer I trsut to make Airliner Addons is PMDG, Level-D, Flight Sim Labs any one else I will wait to see what the reviews are.

I suspect they do the FS9 version first, because if they do it the other way around they might find out that the aircraft cannot be compiled for FS9.

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

I absolutely love the mini-jumbo, but releasing the FS9 version first? Come on... They must have their reasons, but still...

CASE: Louqe S1 MKIII CPU: AMD R5 7600X RAM: 32GB DDR5 5600 GPU: nVidia RTX 4070 · SSDs: Samsung 990 PRO 2TB M.2 PCIe · PNY XLR8 CS3040 2TB M.2 PCIe · VIDEO: LG-32GK650F QHD 32" 144Hz FREE/G-SYNC · MISC: Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Joystick + Throttle Quadrant · MSFS DX11 · Windows 11

Justflight them selves are making the 800XP.

And the JF 146 is the CLS one, and I seriously hope their cockpit textures are better than the ones on their 767.

Jack Cannon

And that's the problem with all these FS9+FSX addons: you're gonna get an FS9 aircraft that has been made compatible with FSX but uses little or none of FSX's extended capabilities.

+1

The very nature of the announcment makes the entire release look sloppy and makes me question the value and quality of the finished product.

Even if its NOT a port of an FS9 product into FSX thats what people will now be thinking based on the released information.