Sign in to follow this  
HiFlyer

The world of Flight as seen from orbit!

Following the exploits of a fellow flyer who used the uncontrollable spin (left his machine on overnight) to gain some excessive altitude. As you can see, flights earth is definitely round, and could those be continents in the distance?

The clouds still bite, though.......

2012514193250337.jpg

2012514193312729.jpg

201251419334747.jpg

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

Devon,

what "exploit" exactly are you talking about? Do you mean he got this high by spinning and then starting to climb, like in that weird behaviour I reported in another thread telling I was mad at FLIGHT for that :-) ?

I'm curious...

Or did he use one of those tweaked situations that already put you at some extraordinary altitude?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

Devon,

what "exploit" exactly are you talking about? Do you mean he got this high by spinning and then starting to climb, like in that weird behaviour I reported in another thread telling I was mad at FLIGHT for that :-) ?

I'm curious...

Or did he use one of those tweaked situations that already put you at some extraordinary altitude?

By spinning and climbing. :-) All night!

We are all connected..... To each other, biologically...... To the Earth, chemically...... To the rest of the Universe atomically.

Devons rig
Intel Core i5 13600K @ 5.1GHz / G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series Ram 32GB / GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 4070 Ti GAMING OC 12G Graphics Card / Sound Blaster Z / Meta Quest 2 VR Headset / Klipsch® Promedia 2.1 Computer Speakers / ASUS ROG SWIFT PG279Q ‑ 27" IPS LED Monitor ‑ QHD / 1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 500GB / 2x Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB /  1x Samsung - 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe /  1x Samsung 980 NVMe 1TB / 2 other regular hd's with up to 10 terabyte capacity / Windows 11 Pro 64-bit / Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX Motherboard LGA 1700 DDR5

:Shocked:

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

No more :Cuppa: for you! :Nerd:

:Hypnotized: :Hypnotized: :Hypnotized:

Can you glide to another continent? :LMAO:

Best regards.

Luis

No more :Cuppa: for you! :Nerd:

Its apparently become a popular trick. People claim to be trying to see if they can reach the moon!

:Hypnotized: :Hypnotized: :Hypnotized:

Can you glide to another continent?

Probably need a space shuttle. Planes act very whacky up there with no air, though the dive record is pretty easy to reach from that height! (good thing there is no damage modeling and plane break-up!)

Interestingly enough, another trend as people try to amuse themselves waiting for worthy DLC is that people are spreading out far and wide from the islands, looking for obscure geographic locations. Its getting almost as common to see people out in the middle of the ocean as over Hawaii.

One guy last night was earnestly searching for Midway. Good luck going over 1000nm when he was reporting 47% fuel remaining on his Zero.

Did I mention multiplayer was interesting?

Devons rig

Its apparently become a popular trick. People claim to be trying to see if they can reach the moon!

:bad:

C'mon guys, don't make me suffer.... You know I hate this flaws in a flightsim, and this together with my fickliness will get FLIGHT temporarily unisntalled again real soon.... :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

If it works there will be a rough landing for sure. :LMAO:

Probably need a space shuttle. Planes act very whacky up there with no air, though the dive record is pretty easy to reach from that height! (good thing there is no damage modeling and plane break-up!)

Interestingly enough, another trend as people try to amuse themselves waiting for worthy DLC is that people are spreading out far and wide from the islands, looking for obscure geographic locations. Its getting almost as common to see people out in the middle of the ocean as over Hawaii.

One guy last night was earnestly searching for Midway. Good luck going over 1000nm when he was reporting 47% fuel remaining on his Zero.

Did I mention multiplayer was interesting?

A few of us made it out there about a month ago. There is nothing there lol.

A few of us made it out there about a month ago. There is nothing there lol.

Lol what a bummer. How did you do it, and how long did it take?

Hilarious, so did the altimeter have a reading?

Cheers and thanks

Hilarious, so did the altimeter have a reading?

Cheers and thanks

Yes it did, and the flyer mentioned it but I have no clue what he said (cant remember)

Devons rig