Sign in to follow this  
GAJ52

Texture Max Load

I'm sure when I first installed the 737NGX there was a recommendation by PMDG to change the Texture_Max_Load figure in the fsx.cfg file from 1012 to 4096. Can someone please point me in the right direction to find this please, I've looked in the 'NGX Introduction' manual but can't find it. I'm sure there was also a recommended setting somewhere to help stop the S-Turns, but can't find that either ?

Glen

Glen

For the Texture_Max_Load, they might have removed it, in any case, someone from the team stated at the forums that they misunderstood what it meant, and it is not needed for the NGX.

Regarding S-turns in LNAV, plenty threads on the forum, just use the search.

Wait a minute, so TEXTURE_MAX_LOAD does not need to be set to 4096 in order to get the best looking VC textures in the NGX? I must have missed that...

Guys,

You can use the performance Manager now!

I don't have a clue what Texture_Max_Load does anyway, I just carried out the recommendations of PMDG. If they are now saying this is wrong and to use the Performance Manager instead, where is that new advice please because I missed it.

I now have a fairly mediocre computer system and need to squeeze as much performance out of it as possible when using the NGX, so the correct information is essential.

Thanks

Glen

Thanks for the info - still don't know if I need it or not ?

Glen

Just keep in mind that any change you make to your FSX settings (like Autogen density) will reset the TEXTURE MAX LOAD in the cfg back to the default 1096. MAX LOD RADIUS is also rest to 4.5

Mark W   CYYZ      

My Simhttps://goo.gl/photos/oic45LSoaHKEgU8E9

My Concorde Tutorial Videos available here:  https://www.youtube.com/user/UPS1000