Sign in to follow this  
MindYerBeak

first crash with p3d: Menus.dll

Today I got my first crash with p3d. Menus.dll is the cause of the error. Is there any way to prevent it ?

Thanks

Hi,

I had a menus.dll crash back in March myself and reported it to P3D, no updates from L/M other than asking if I was using a stock setup. One good thing, it hasn't happened again.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck

Getting numerous menus.dll errors! Bought ready to uninstall this, I thought the uiautomation thing was bad! Happens when accessing addon menus such as Level D configurator. Also have recieved it switching from windowed to full screen

I would hang in there until the next update. I see a lot of strong stuff about problems by those who forget it is a work in progress. The addons are probably one of the serious issues right now. Lockheed has said they work with each vendor. In a few cases the vendor has to make a P3D version to be ok with P3D.

regards,

Dick near Pittsburgh, USA

I would hang in there until the next update.

Yep.When will we get the next update ?

My investments aren't very patient and I would like to here that from them. I searched their forums and see no hint of issue repairs with the menu.dll issue.

From Beau @ LM today in regards to menus.dll error and menu access:

I believe we have found and fixed the problem most of you are having. It will be in the next patch. For those that are curious, we were testing out some features that spawn large numbers of sim objects and found that the temporary menu item IDs created for sim object camera views were not being properly released. The temp ID range is fairly large ( about 1800), but once this many sim objects views have been created and destroyed, the menu system will crash.

As for add-on content, we had a crash-on-shut-down bug in 1.2 which was fixed in 1.3. If the menus are crashing on some add-ons and not others, this is likely a problem with the add-on. The add-on menus have a callback pointer assigned by the add-on which may be invalid, or the add-on may be attempting to make direct calls into the p3d dlls (which is not supported as we don't release our headers).