Sign in to follow this  
G-YMML1

Enhancing turbulence in FS2004

Hi,

I've been always wondering is there any way to improve turbulence effect in FS2004 the way it was implemented in FSX. AS6.5 doesn't do a good job in this aspect, neither default turbulence settings in FS2004 menu. Perhaps there are some parameters in FS9.cfg that could be edited, but I'm not aware about them

Your advice will be appreciated.

Thanks

I think ASE offers more in that respect, compared to AS6.5. You should also check the settings in FSUIPC. For example there's an option for random turbulence in clouds. I use ASE and the above-mentioned FSUIPC-setting, and get good results with simulated turbulence. I only turned off the setting for wake turbulence in ASE, because flying with a lot of AI traffic you often immediately loose control if you come in on a B744 behind a small A319 with 5 miles separation, not realistic.

Of course that's just me, but you should probably give it a try. I also updated from AS6.5 to ASE a few years ago, and it really makes a huge difference for the weather engine in FS9!

Max

i9 9900K @5GHz | Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Ultra | 32GB Gskill 3200C14 | Palit GTX 1080Ti Super Jetstream

2x Samsung 840Evo SSD | BenQ PD3200Q 32"

Thank you Max,

For a certain period of time I was very cautious about ASE in FS2004, since it had suffered from the clouds' pop-ups and other strange behavior, so I returned to AS6.5 Did HiFi fix the issues in ASE since then?

Regards

Dmitriy

The only parameter you can change in the FS9.cfg is below (default is 1 and goes up to 4) As mentioned above, ASE and a reg fsuipc will enhance it for you.

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

Rob Prest

Check in AS 65 graphics module which cloud set you are using. Simple cloud sets are narrow and are there for low power pcs. Also check out your cloud drawing distance in FS/fsuipc.

Lot's of choices.