Sign in to follow this  
jandjfrench

How many other things don't I know about?

Hi,

I just noticed that the pilot image that I chose in the Pilot Profile is what I see when the aircraft is viewed from the outside. It made me wonder about what else I just never noticed. Any similar experiences?

Jim F.

The <Ctrl><A> and <Ctrl><D> combinations move your viewpoint left/right. Keep going and you can actually do some wing-walking. Look over at the cockpit ... and it's empty. :Hypnotized:

Find the biggest hangar at PHNL that has it's doors open.

Enter thru the northeast half of the open doors. The traffic cones define a force field. Shut down and park.

Exit free flight. Reenter free flight. A valet (or security or somebody) will have moved your aircraft out to the tarmac (or the adjacent alley) for you.

Has anyone found another completely enclosed hangar in which one can park ?

There's a hangar over at Wheeler you can actually fly through, but it does the same thing if you try to park in it.

You can also move your eyepoint by holding down the the mouse wheel as you move.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

Chase view F8 has a 'snap to previous camera offset' feature that I accidentally discovered when grasping my mouse to look around in chase view.

Enter chase view F8.

Press and hold the right mouse button and move the camera viewpoint (to anywhere).

Release the right mouse button and, of course, you snap back to chase tail view.

Press and hold the right mouse button again without moving the mouse.

Camera view will snap-rotate to your previously set camera offset.

Additionally, one can rotate the mouse wheel to affect camera zoom whilst continuously depressing the right mouse button and panning around. This zoom change reoccures also (with the camera offset) when the right mouse button is held.

I am still investigating why this would be useful. So far, I haven't found a use for it. I THINK, however, that this feature isn't documented.

^ The last setting you used for F8 is now the view you'll see if you switch to F11. For example, if under F8 you swing over to a 90 degree view, then release... then you go to F12, you'll be looking at that 90 degree view. Why it's useful... dunno. :Thinking: