Sign in to follow this  
ctiger

FSX Crashing

I have run into a problem when loading FSX and getting an “unhandled exception error” after the crash with a lot of detail associated with the message. It appears that it has something to do with Net.Framework. FSX started crashing after loading scenery on start up, which the scenery never appeared on the screen. I decided to allow windows to restore the system back a few days before this problem occurred. After system restore I now receive “sorttbls.net or one of its dependencies not found”. FSX is now unable to reach the startup screen. I then used the repair feature in windows for the Net.framework4.0, which didn't help. I also notice when I try to use the catalyst control center it gives me the same message concerning the sorttbls.net. I am at a lost on how to get FSX up and running again. I sure hope I do not have to re-install W7 or FSX.

Any help is more than appreciated,

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Never heard of sorrttbls.net but I too have been getting Net.framework errors and when I try to re-install a fresh copy from Microsoft, it tells me that a newer version is already installed. I find this so, so aggravating. Typical Microsoft screw-up. Find every which way it can to make life difficult. So, now I just ignore that Net.framework error message. I'm looking out for a clean-up tool that will get rid of all Net.framework files and the let me re-install a clean version again.

Will keep an eye on this particular thread.

Well I have fixed the "sorttbls.nip" problem with the CCC. I was able to reinstall net.framework from the site below.

http://www.microsoft...s.aspx?id=17851

However, now when I start FSX within less than a minute I get a CTD which appears to be when REX starts loading. Not sure if REX has anything to do with the start up.(how do you disable REX). I also tried a new fsx.cfg and I still can't get more than 30-60 seconds into start up and CTD.

Still looking for a solution.

Rick I understand your frustration.

Carl

PC AMD Ryzen R7-5700G (8-Core) processor), AMD Radeon RX 6600 Graphics 8GB/ 2TB HD + 500GB SSD,  16GB DDR4 3200MHz RAM, Win11

_____________________________________________________________________________________

In CCC, Tools,Startup, look in there to see if REX starts up when you fire up your OS. If it does, then disable it.

Additionally, look in Event Vwr, and see what the Faulting Module is. Make a note of the time and date in there and see if it ties up exactly when FSX goes belly-up.That will give you a clue as to what is causing the issue.

Rick,

REX does start up every time but not sure how to find how to disable it. I am not sure where the Event Vwr is. Something really must be "hay wire" if I can't even use a fresh fsx.cfg. FSX has been running with no problems for over a year.

Carl

You are running Windows 7 just like me. So, Start-search Programs and Files, just type in Event and immediately you will see EventVwr come up. Look under Administrative Alerts and you will see a red mark which points to the time, the error. Expand it and it should give you the Faulting Module

As for REX, have you looked where I advised you to in CCleaner? I'm assuming that was what you were referring to?

Thanks for your continued help. Yes went to CCC and found no REX. I went into REX config and disabled everything there so it did not try to execute at start up; however, within 15 seconds after pressing the icon CTD. I also tried a registry check usinig flight one software but no go. Will look into the "event\vrr

Carl

Just refer to the attached screengrab.

Is that where you were looking in to see if REX is in your start-up? If not there, then before you fire up FSX, do a Ctrl-Alt-Del and see if it is in one of your Processes. If it is, then it is being initiated from somewhere else.

Jim, I take my hat off to you. That was absolutely brilliant research.

I'm sure Carl will find this very useful and helpful too.

Hi Jim,

You can't imagine how much I appreciate everyone's help. It has been a busy day here. Although I think I have REX disabled, I did enable REX and tried the suggestion you mentioned. Unfortunately it didn't help. I tried once again with a clean boot with FSX and I got to free flight but I couldn't get any textures or partial textures on the planes. During the fsx loading there was a message to accept or reject "that third party "bglmanx.dll" (2.9.01) dynamic Link Library software maybe bad so I rejected it and FSX loaded for "free flight". I rebooted again this time accepted the "bglmanx file" thinking that was the problem. Now I am back to square one. CTD within 15 -30 seconds. There has got to be a solution somewhere. I have also tried using adminstrator and no administrator. Will keep researching.

Rick thanks for the cleaner tip, Yep I have tried the ctrl alt del--no REX.

I have also checked the Event err but nothing that stood out that might cause the problem. All I can say I am learning a lot of troubleshooti techniques during the trail in FSX.

By the way this is the start up of creating a new fsx.cfg file. It crashes during this start up. Not sure it this would help.

GRAPHICS]

SHADER_CACHE_PRIMED_10=1693500672

[sOUND]

AmbientUIMusicVolume=-6.000000

[Display]

ChangeTime=4.000000

TransitionTime=4.000000

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

ProcSpeed=5102

PerfBucket=7

[PANELS]

IMAGE_QUALITY=1

[Weather]

WindshieldPrecipitationEffects=1

MinGustTime=10

MaxGustTime=500

MinGustRampSpeed=1

MaxGustRampSpeed=200

MinVarTime=5

MaxVarTime=50

MinVarRampSpeed=10

MaxVarRampSpeed=75

TurbulenceScale=1.000000

WeatherServerAddress=fs2k.zone.com

WeatherServerPort=80

WeatherGraphDataInDialog=0

AdjustForMagVarInDialog=1

DynamicWeather=2

DownloadWindsAloft=0

DisableTurbulence=0

[DISPLAY.Device.ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series.0]

Mode=1024x768x32

[AccelerationPack]

ControlsFirstRun=0

[CONTROLS]

Controls_Default=Standard

Controls_Current=Standard

[TextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

[TextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

GForce=1,3

FuelPercentage=1,4

[TextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

WindDirectionAndSpeed=1,6

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

GForce=2,3

FuelPercentage=2,4

[slewTextInfo.1]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

[slewTextInfo.2]

FrameRate=1,1

LockedFrameRate=1,2

[slewTextInfo.3]

Latitude=1,1

Longitude=1,2

Altitude=1,3

Heading=1,4

AirSpeed=1,5

FrameRate=2,1

LockedFrameRate=2,2

[Trusted]

C:\Flight Simulator X\fsdreamteam\couatl\couatl.exe.lqkuwlzqnzbbhbtanlwczeaiurhboktlrwnboina=1

C:\Flight Simulator X\bglmanx.dll.zcuhbkqznwkltiuqeorunoenkehectobhwcubuwz=1

Thanks again

Carl

Just a wild shot in the dark,Carl.

Are you any any chance running Cloud9 sceneries? Reason I ask is that bglmanx.dll I think, off my memory, which is grey and old these days. may point to Cloud9 as you also have FSDT scenery. And from past experiences, I have known a faulty Cloud9 dll bring FSX down.

Think nothing at all of the help you have received. Part and parcel of being in a Forum community.

Guest firehawk44

During the fsx loading there was a message to accept or reject "that third party "bglmanx.dll" (2.9.01) dynamic Link Library software maybe bad so I rejected it and FSX loaded for "free flight".

Whenever you install new addons into FSX, you will be asked if you trust a .dll or a gauge or something else. Rest assured they are safe to accept. The bglmanx.dll belongs to FSDT products like GSX, Las Vegas Airport, Chicago airport, etc., etc. If you do not trust the addon, then the product will not function properly. You can fix this easily by deleting or renaming your fsx.cfg, restarting fsx and letting the config rebuild. Remember, when you start fsx for the first time after deleting or renaming it, you will be asked to trust a lot of products depending on what all you have installed. You can also open up your fsx.cfg and go down to the trusted section and deleted everything under [Trusted]. This is probably your problem overall. Please say yes when you start up FSX and are asked if you trust something.

Best regards,

Jim

Guest firehawk44

Even though you show that the bglmanx.dll has been trusted, I would still go in and delete the Trusted section and restart fsx and trust everything again. If the fsx.cfg above is all that you have as a config, it is corrupted and missing most of the lines (about half of the config). Delete it again, restart fsx, and try rebuilding it again.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim,

Yep I had done that several times on a rebuild. It was just that I was not familiar with that file. After my last post I did rmember that was a fsdt file. I did uninstall my last update on GSX since it was the latest addition I had changed before all of this stuff started. Still unable to get going. Will keep working at it sinceI I would guess i I have over $1K of scenry, etc added over the years so I dread having to thing of a reinstall of FSX.

Carl