Sign in to follow this  
helberger

Diamond Twin Star

Hello,

I am thinking of picking up this aircraft to ad to my GA hangar, however there is an Iris and Eaglesoft version available, could anybody

shed some light as to which one to get.

Much appreciated.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

I seem to recall that the IRIS one was a bit of a frame rate hog on my old system, it runs great on my I7 though. It was probably that big glass avionics gauge which made my old computer stuggle a bit. It is nice, flies well and looks good. Don't have the Eaglesoft one so I don't know what that one is like.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I cannot speak to the Eaglesoft airplane. The Iris version is not that good. It's G1000 has serious limitations.

Thanks for replying, there appears to be a lot more info on the Iris Da 42 than on the ES so that makes

the purchase a bit more difficult.

Thanks

My System: Intel 9700K 4.7Gz, ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, 32 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200MHZ, Evga 3070TI  8GB, Noctua NH-D15S, Gigabyte 27" Monitor, Windows 10 64bit, 2xSamsung 500GB SSD, 1x Samsung 120GB, 1x Samsung 970, 1TB, 1TB H/D for Storage.

Helmut Berger

there appears to be a lot more info on the Iris Da 42 than on the ES so that makes the purchase a bit more difficult.

Not when you consider a no risk 30 Day evaluation period and the ability to drop in a Mindstar Aviation G1000 if you own such and our own doesn't satisfy. :Peace:

Feel free to examine feature lists and such at our site. http://www.eaglesoft...DiamondDA42.htm

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png

I dont have the ES diamond, but for what it is worth I have there twin commanche and it is very good.

Matt Wilson

I got the IRIS model a while ago but didn't really like it and uninstalled it fairly quickly. Nothing particularly wrong with it but it just didn't stand out in any area.

Have been tempted to get the Eaglesoft version (was just looking at it yesterday funnily enough) a few times and you can't really go wrong with the 30-day refund. Probably best to try it first and then let us know :)

I got the IRIS model a while ago but didn't really like it and uninstalled it fairly quickly. Nothing particularly wrong with it but it just didn't stand out in any area.

I would say that's a pretty fair appraisal of the IRIS version actually; it looks nice enough and it does fly okay, but I'd agree that it doesn't really make you go 'wow' as some FS GA aeroplanes can do.

Al

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Check your PM helberger

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

In my own biased opinion you will love the fidelity to the real flight characteristics of the DA42 tested by an actual DA42 Pilot with actual Theilert Engine Soundset and DA42 Specific G1000. :Nerd:

Best Regards,

Ron Hamilton PP|ASEL

Forumsig16.png