1. 1. What is your average flight time?

• 40 minutes or less
    • 41 minutes to 59 minutes
    • 1 hour to 1hour 29 minutes
    • 1 hours 30 minutes to 2 hours 30 minutes
    • 2 hours 31 minutes to 4 hours
    • 4 hours 1 minute to 5 hours 30 minutes
    • 5 hours 31 minutes and above
    • Charter Flight (based on real charter airline OPS)
    • Scheduled Flight (based on real scheduled airline OPS)
    • OdHoc - (not based on any real world airline OPS)

I was wondering what type of flights people are doing on the wonderful PMDG NGX aircraft?

Since I purchased by first PMDG product all those years ago (the first version of the Boeing 737-600/700/800/900) I must admit I have preferred the aircraft that can fly long haul (for example the PMDG Boeing 747-400 & PMDG MD11). I love to fly long haul services, and I do it all in real time – none of this accelerating flight sim time or anything. :Phbbbt:

So am I the odd one out by preferring long haul? :Hypnotized:

With the NGX aircraft the longest flight I have flown is BA132 from OEJN to EGLL, 2,636nm and I flew it in 6 hours and 24 minutes (the published flight time is 6 h50m and is normally operated by a B763).

So are you a short sprinter or a marathon runner? :)

Kimberly

Wow, Kimberley, must say I admire your stamina to endure long-haul flights in real time. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Much as I love doing long-hauls with the PMDG 747-400 and the MD-11, I just do not have the time to spare to do it in real-time.

And like you I'm a long-time PMDG user. Started with the Beech 1900D+C, then progressed to the 737-600/700 followed by the 800/900 in FS9 then the 747-400 and MD-11 also in FS9.

I love doing the Swissair LSZH-SBGR route a long 11 hours+ in the MD-11. But now spend more time doing UK-Med flights in the 737NGX replicating holiday flights.

Nice topic Kimberly!

I usually vary. As for realisim, I fly airlines that have the NG in their fleet, for example, I wouldn't use British Airways on the NGX since they don't have any.

As for flight time, it usually depends for me. If I'm in the mood, I'll fly really long flights such as KATL (Atlanta) to KEYW (Key West) on a Delta 737-700, which is a real world route on the 737-700. Other times, I'll do short hops such as KHOU (Houston-Hobby) to KSAT (San Antonio) on a Southwest 737-700, which again is a real world route flown on that plane on that airline.

Guest dlrk

I got rather bored and developed my own 'airline', created a repaint and invented a schedule.

I got rather bored and developed my own 'airline', created a repaint and invented a schedule.

Haha!

For me it tends to be UK-Med routes but I have done my share of long haul over the years. Those were mainly done in the days of the level d 767. The longest I did was EGKK-MUHG (Holguin Cuba) a flight I did for real when I went on my holidays.

Currently I am parked in Dakar making my way down to South Africa before continuing one way or another around the world.

I find myself wanting to visit the long hauls again. I believe I will buy the MD-11 in the next week or so and perhaps do some with that until that T7 is released. Always liked the MD-11.

The main problem for me is time. Work, Mrs, Life and obligations all take the lead.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

With the NG, seldom more than 2 hours. With the MD11 about 4-5 hours.

Manfred G.

Ships are cooler that you think.

Wow, Kimberley, must say I admire your stamina to endure long-haul flights in real time. You must have a lot of time on your hands. Much as I love doing long-hauls with the PMDG 747-400 and the MD-11, I just do not have the time to spare to do it in real-time.

I just like long haul flights – I work for a well known British national carrier and I work long haul for them. I love planning flights, the route, weather, load’s etc all the stuff real world pilots do (but I am not sure how many of us FS pilots do the same?). Then climbing aboard the aircraft and shooting off into the skies for hours.

My FS computer is in my study/den and I have a sofa, flat screen TV, Virgin Media (a for you guys outside the UK it’s a TV service provider – cable based with 100’s of channels and 1000’s of shows on demand) so I guess you could say that while flying the long haul flight I almost become a passenger LoL watching a movie, surfing the internet on my laptop and iPad :Party:

I usually vary. As for realisim, I fly airlines that have the NG in their fleet, for example, I wouldn't use British Airways on the NGX since they don't have any.

As for flight time, it usually depends for me. If I'm in the mood, I'll fly really long flights such as KATL (Atlanta) to KEYW (Key West) on a Delta 737-700, which is a real world route on the 737-700. Other times, I'll do short hops such as KHOU (Houston-Hobby) to KSAT (San Antonio) on a Southwest 737-700, which again is a real world route flown on that plane on that airline.

I hear you on keeping it real but being British and loving BA I had an issue with the PMDG NGX aircraft – so I decided to maybe live in an alternative universe, like on Fringe hehe. I fly the BA flights with the NGX aircraft (all but the 600) so with BA the A319 = B737 A320 = B738 and A321 = B739 (to be the B739ER soon one hopes). I guess sometimes you have to ‘twist’ things to get what you want out of our FS world.

I do many charter flights and being honest I am kinda stuck as I am not a lover of Thomson Airways – but they have recently changed their livery to something less dull and while it’s no match for the classic Britannia Airways colours I am finding I am doing a number of charters and ad hoc flights, indeed right now I am flying from LGZA (Zakinthos, Greece) to EGHH (Bournemouth, England – the aircraft closest to where I live).

I am trying to keep things real so after I land at EGHH I am flying to Zürich, a 1 hour and 30 minute flight – very short haul for a gal like me :Kiss:

For me it tends to be UK-Med routes but I have done my share of long haul over the years. Those were mainly done in the days of the level d 767. The longest I did was EGKK-MUHG (Holguin Cuba) a flight I did for real when I went on my holidays.

Currently I am parked in Dakar making my way down to South Africa before continuing one way or another around the world.

I find myself wanting to visit the long hauls again. I believe I will buy the MD-11 in the next week or so and perhaps do some with that until that T7 is released. Always liked the MD-11.

The main problem for me is time. Work, Mrs, Life and obligations all take the lead.

I hear you my friend, sometime I wish I could pause the real world! That would be great...

I flew the PMDG MD11 from the second it was launched until PMDG released the NGX aircraft. The MD11 is an amazing aircraft to fly on in the real world, I worked for an airline that operated the type for many year and I enjoyed every flight on her – they really built them to last! I will admit on FS the MD11 does take some getting used to, but, she is amazing to fly and your hard work will soon pay off. I do miss the MD11, yet to remove her from my system (not sure if I ever will).

I guess my long haul wings are clipped until PMDG release their Boeing 777 series – but hey I am completely loving the NGX right now :Hug:

Kimberly

Really depends what I'm flying..As you do, Kimberly, I stick on Nat Geo and watch aeroplane crash TV shows (yes, I know...)..I love the flight across Au from YSSY to YPPH or YPPD, also YPDN to YPAD is another fave..I've been doing a bit of NZ to AU (usually NZQN to YSSY or YSCB) recently too, which is "fun"

What a strange hobby we have :smile:

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

I usually fly short routes. Instead of, lets say, a longer 2 hour flight, I prefer two shorter 1 hour flights, like EVRA-EETN-EVRA for example. I find them more exciting. Get to do more things. But I still fly a bit longer routes (1,5-2.5h) from time to time.

I am not a lover of Thomson Airways – but they have recently changed their livery to something less dull and while it’s no match for the classic Britannia Airways colours I am finding I am doing a number of charters and ad hoc flights

Don't know if you have seen it or not but someone did make that old Britannia livery recently. I am actually flying her now. Its on avsim and he did a good job. There are 2 versions. One with and one without winglets.

I also just noticed you request for the old Air Europe livery. Could not help reply to that thread and ask for it too. May well be the airline and colours which started this obsession off when I was a young lad. Flew that livery from Cardiff to Izmir.

Regards

5800X3D - Strix X570-E - 32GB 3600Mhz DDR4 - ASUS TUF 6900XT- Samsung 980 Pro x2                                                     

I voted 1.30 to 2.30, but it really depends... In that time I count preparation for flight too.

Like long haul, but there is no NGX quality long haul airliner for now, so do not fly LH for some time.

Hi,

Anywhere from two to six hours.

Former Beta Tester - (for a few companies) - As well as provide Regional Voice Set Recordings

Four-Intel I9/10900K | One-AMD-7950X3D | Three-Asus TUF 4090s | One-3090 | One-1080TI | Five-64GB DDR5 RAM 6000mhz | Five-Cosair 1300 P/S | Five-Pro900 2TB NVME        One-Eugenius ECS2512 / 2.5 GHz Switch | Five-Ice Giant Elite CPU Coolers | Three-75" 4K UHDTVs | One-24" 1080P Monitor | One-19" 1080P Monitor | One-Boeing 737NG Flight Deck