Sign in to follow this  
neon123678

777 Similarities with 737

HI guys

I remember from the Munich conference that it was mentioned that the 777 shares a lot of similarities with the 737NG, which allows them to cut down the development time. I just wondering what are the commonalities these two aircraft share. I have noticed when studying the two cockpits, they have similar equipment such as the EFIS panel and the display for the PFD and ND display look very alike in there software and the designs of the actual panels , the FMC looks similar but I am aware the 777 shares its FMC software with the 747, these are just examples there's plenty of others. I'm just wondering if they share common system such as fuel ,Hydraulic ,Pneumatic or flight systems etc ?.

Thanks

HI guys

I remember from the Munich conference that it was mentioned that the 777 shares a lot of similarities with the 737NG, which allows them to cut down the development time. I just wondering what are the commonalities these two aircraft share. I have noticed when studying the two cockpits, they have similar equipment such as the EFIS panel and the display for the PFD and ND display look very alike in there software and the designs of the actual panels , the FMC looks similar but I am aware the 777 shares its FMC software with the 747, these are just examples there's plenty of others. I'm just wondering if they share common system such as fuel ,Hydraulic ,Pneumatic or flight systems etc ?.

Thanks

Hydraulics I think are similar. Pneumatics would have to be similar. Flight controls are different. The T7 has partial fly-by-wire.

Kenny Lee
"Keep climbing"
pmdg_trijet.jpg

Guest dlrk

I believe PMDG was referring to PMDG's development system and technologies, not the aircraft systems.

In the normal mode during manual flight, the ACEs receive pilot control Inputs and send these signals to the three PFCs. The PFCs verify these signals and information from other airplane systems in order to compute control surface commands. These commands are then sent back to the ACES. The four ACES send enhanced signals the flight control surface actuators to move

If I interpreted this correctly then the 777 is full fly by wire but it does not offer the same protections that the A320 has.

I believe PMDG was referring to PMDG's development system and technologies, not the aircraft systems.

Yes they meant with their coding and how the plane is built (on their end). The planes themselves are vastly different.

Ok ,so they implied there coding and development tasks are similar, well that makes sense because they are two very different airplanes.

Well thanks for the clarification.

Gotta take into account the 737NG is a vastly upgraded 1960's era airliner while the 777 is a modern airliner built from scratch within recent times.

Correct, we were not referring to the two actual airplanes. We developed a sort of "modular" development system with the NGX that's being used to make the 777. Instead of starting over from scratch as we have in the past we have generalized sort of "shells" that the code fits into - you have a hydrualics shell, a fuel shell, an FMC shell etc. We can remove the NGX information and fill those with 777 code much faster than if we had to reinvent the wheel from scratch again.

That said there are a few things that are similar - the 777's FMC has more bells and whistles but is basically the same methodology as the NGs is and the displays (at least in the NG's PFD/ND mode) are quite similar.

Ryan Maziarz
devteam.jpg

For fastest support, please submit a ticket at http://support.precisionmanuals.com