Sign in to follow this  
Pville211

Does pausing game pause everyone in multiplayer?

I have mine configured so that the simulation is paused when the PC focus is not on MS Flight. When I'm hosting a multiplayer session and I pause the game, does it pause the session for the other participants? I wouldn't want to spoil other people's enjoyment every time I click on another window on my PC.

Pretty sure it doesn't, but I could be wrong. I've gone in and out of the options menu as host and seen others do it as well and they just vanish off the map and then re-appear where they were when they come back out of the menu. No effect noticed for the others flying, they just continue on as normal. Only thing I've ever seen the host be able to do that effects others is when they change the weather, or of course kick someone from their session (But even then one's flight continues uninterrupted with either the new settings or on a new host).

Thanks for the feedback. I may experiment with it by texting someone that I'm pausing it, then asking them about it when I resume my flying.

It will only pause your plane. Everybody else won`t take notice except that your plane doesn`t move.

Pausing is also a great way to evade the Kamikaze Kid trying to ram you. :ph34r:

I keep a constant watch for people who are closing in rapidly. I've dodged a couple of those.

I discovered that some ramming is accidental, though. I circled a runway several times to be sure it was clear, and when I landed I rear-ended an Icon with gray paint that nearly matched the runway color. He was nearly invisible, and I saw him at the last instant, but it was too late. Additional lesson: never sit on a runway; take off or move off.

As the HOST, you have the OPTION when settinmg up your Hosting Session, to pause the session when you pause, or Not.

Under ADANACED, when setting up to HOST, there is a checkbox, for HOST PAUSES PLAYERS.

Typically, I would advise you se NOT check that box, so you DO NOT pause everyone.

However, consider, checking the box to allow Players to plause thensleves, as it does allow then to change dome of their setting / sliders etc, when they are in Multiplayer (including selecting the Map display)