Sign in to follow this  
CLett737

YBCG(GOLD COAST) Runway Heading issue

Hi all,

Just been flying from nzaa to ybcg in the ngx-800. Sorted the approach(VORD 14) via the FMC. First thing that struck me is that according to the FMC, the runway heading is 149 degrees, whereas on the chart(below) and in the FSX world, it is 140 degrees. This put me off approach course. Any ideas?

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/pending/dap/BCGNB01-130.pdf

Your chart is pretty much new, so 140 is probably the correct heading. However an AIRAC error is not PMDG's issue, but Navigraph's who you should contact.

You can also try to edit the respective procedures' files with the notepad. Even if you make a mistake you can always reinstall them...

From the chart it looks like an offset approach by 10 degress.

From the chart it looks like an offset approach by 10 degress.

So it is! Many thanks for this David!

runway heading would have you flying over the shore directly... the offset is most likely a result of noise abatement...

A

So at what point do you make the course correction to line yourself up with the runway?

So at what point do you make the course correction to line yourself up with the runway?

As soon as you have viusal of the rwy

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

My attempt at this approach. Please do not laugh or be hurtful. Constructive criticism is welcome:

[media=]

[/media]

Very good any landing you walk awy from is good, did you forget to set the autobrake or was it by choice you didnt set it?

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks for that. I am not sure whether the auto brake was set. I cant remember. The speed brake arm was set I know that much. Will practice some more and try get down the center line and flare correctly.

On a side note, can someone explain this pdf for me, in particular the rwy 14 noise abatement section(north and south/west approach).

http://www.airservicesaustralia.com/aip/pending/dap/BCGNA04-130.pdf

Nothing wrong with that landing, Cameron.

You should be sat in the jump seat in some of mine :smile:

Was there no sound or is that my browser?

j

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg

Nice video there, but my guess is you turned onto final heading too early. If I understand the approach plate correctly, I would say you stay on 150 longer, aiming towards the VOR. Your turn onto final should be a lot later.

However, I assume you are performing the VORD14 approach. :)

Is that the standard OrbX offering of the airport?

A

No sound. FS Recorder does not record the sound and I do not have any gear or software to record the sound and to edit it into the video.

Nice video there, but my guess is you turned onto final heading too early. If I understand the approach plate correctly, I would say you stay on 150 longer, aiming towards the VOR. Your turn onto final should be a lot later.

However, I assume you are performing the VORD14 approach. :)

Is that the standard OrbX offering of the airport?

A

I was not overly sure as to when to change heading and align with the runway. It does not specifically say on the plate I think. Another chart shows what areas to avoid if possible which is below. It was indeed the VORD14 app. I would think that earlier is better just to be safe? Which is why turned when I did.

http://www.airservic...BCGNA02-130.pdf

The Airport isnt ORBX. The scenery is, but ORBX have not done YBCG yet. The one I am using is a free addon which was created by an ORBX developer. :) You can find that in the link below. It is very good for freeware.(its the last download on the page)

http://library.avsim...D=fsx&Go=Search

One thing I have just noticed about the addon is that it adds some buildings and coastline changes which have most likely effected the orbx scenery. Ill have a look tomorrow to see if there is an easy way to remove these. If anyone knows how, please let me know. :)

Cheers. I watched a RW wingview of the approach. It seems that your turn was only slightly too early. It seems to occur just before the high ground to the right of the approach path.

Thanks for the link. One to try out certainly!

Perhaps reinstalling the OrbX libraries after installing YBCG, or checking the scenery library order with the OrbX Central tool might help. If I get the chance I would have a look myself.

A