Hi all,

If anyone else out there has an Antec Kuhler 920, and finds the fans both noisy and inefficient, I heartily recommend you go and buy yourself a couple of Akasa Apache S-Blade 120mm to replace the stock fans on the Antec.

Previously, when the fans ramped up to full stretch, they sounded like Marty McFlys DeLorean. I had to set them up so they had a serious ramp profile and would only come on full when the liquid was pushing 45deg.

Now, I run them at full speed all the time, and a night of Prime95 full blend FFT's and my highest temp (using RealTemp GT 3.70) was 76deg..previously I had to stop the testing after about 10 minutes as I was so close to TJmax.

They are practically silent. In fact, my 580 fan makes more noise at 60% than the Akasas do at full pelt.

I am now running 100mhz faster, and about 12-15 deg cooler on average..

Running FSX at full everything, complex payware and ORBX glory never pushes the temps higher than 60-65deg.

Tenner each. Love it!

JAKE EYRE
It's a small step from the sublime to the ridiculous...Napoleon Bonaparte
newSigBetaTeam.gif
lancairuk.jpg