Sign in to follow this  
Co-Pilot Diego

How To Edit Information of Any Airport, Like ILS Frequencies, Names, Headings, etc?.

Hello Everyone!

I have a small question, but complicated to ask actually.

I added ILS systems to some airports around Spain who in real life didnt have it, because of the facility to land, and i even managed ATC to recognize them, so i can choose an ILS aporoach instead of only a VOR-DME or even only a Visual approach.

My problem/question now is, as i added a new ILS with a new frequency, it doesnt show up in the traditional 'FS2004 Map', when you look into the airport information for a certain airport, to get the correct ILS frequencies.

You see the name of the airport, the runway, the heading, but not the 'new frequency' for the ILS.

Which file in the FS9 Folder gives access to this information to edit it, so i can manually add this frequencies?

Or better:

How can i edit this information within FS9, or do i need any external tool for that?

(There's for example a name-failure for LPMA, it says 'Maderia'... I would like to change this, hehe)

Thanks to each and everyone who could give me a hand in this peculiar problem.

Greetz,

Co-Pilot Diego.

AFCAD is what you may look for. It should be available in AVSIM library.

Good luck

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.

Ok, i got that one. Idn't that the one from Lee Swordy?

Can you maybe give me a hint in which department of AFCAD i can exactly edit this airport info?

My knowledge of AFCAD is quite limited...

Greetz,

Co-Pilot Diego

Hello and thanks for your quick reply.

Ok, i got that one. Idn't that the one from Lee Swordy?

Can you maybe give me a hint in which department of AFCAD i can exactly edit this airport info?

My knowledge of AFCAD is quite limited...

Greetz,

Co-Pilot Diego

You open AFCAD, select the airport by ICAO code.

If there is an already existing add on afcad file (AF2) you see it as black above the grey one in the list and you open this one.

If there is only the default airport in your FS you see it as grey in the list, open it and then your changes will be saved as a new (on top) AF2 file with the icao code which will be visible as black.

Now regarding changes afcad does have a good help guide. RTFM !

You click with mouse the elements and each has properties with right click etc.

From the top menu you also add new elements.

Be careful when you click the mouse so that you do not displace them laterally.

When done you save your AF2 file in a scenery folder as add on in the scenery library of FS9.

I have them in Add On Scenery\Afcads.

There should be only \scenery subfolder and NO texture subfolder.

Before you do embark on changes make a search in the library in case someone else has done what you need before you.

Hellenic vACC - Olympic Aegean Virtual

Prepar3D 5.3 | CPU i9 10900K | VGA: RTX 3070 | RAM: 32GB DDR4 | Monitor: 3440x1440

AFCAD is now very old. ADE9X is newer and better. It's free too.

Incidentally what did you use to add ILS?

Thanks everyone for the help.

I thought at first there was a single text file where fs9 keeps all this info in.

I'll give it a try a bit later. I didnt thought this was possible with AFCAD, hehe...

@mg: Easiest way for me to add an ILS is with AFCAD.

After i add it via a free tool called JABBGL to the ATC, you can even program the .bgl-file for after a go-around/missed approach.

As said, thanks all so much!

Greetz,

Co-Pilot Diego