Sign in to follow this  
bereeves72

RXP 430 and 530

My buddy and I both purchased this aircraft from Carenado. We've had a long running argument about the RXP 430 and 530s. Maybe you veterans can help us solve this problem.

It is my understanding that this 210 package supports RXP but does NOT come with it.

He believes that it DOES come with the 210 package and you just need to install it using the configurator (RXP530-CAR430.exe) files.

I've tried it and when I do there are black holes where the stock GNS 430 and 530 are supposed to be.

Is he pulling my chain or am I doing something wrong?

The rxp gps units are 3rd party so they require purchase. Due to popular demand, many planes are being modeled to accommodate these lovely units. Carenado even provide an installer program, but as you have found out, you need to have the rxp units already installed.

You can buy either 430 or 530 single license (ie one unit per plane) for 50 dollars each. If you really get into it you buy the unlimited pack for another 100 dollars which allows you to have twin installs of 430, 530, or one of each. That's 200 for the lot.

The unlimited pack gives you crossfill between the units and traffic alert.

Hope this answers your question.

You can update the database to 2011 which is far better than the old fsx database the default uses.

These units are pure gravy and well worth the cost.

Is he pulling my chain or am I doing something wrong?

He's pulling your chain - or maybe he's just confused. Normally I wouldn't make a "me too" post, but just in case your friend thinks it's only one guy's opinion - I own the 210, and the 430 and 530 and confirm everything that TreeTops says above. The Carenado installer does nothing more than make changes in the 3D panel to facilitate having the gauges show up in the panel.

Good grief, you can get the 210 for $20 these days at Flight1, while the 430 and 530 cost $50 each!

Scott

Thanks a lot for clarifying this. I also was pretty confused about the writing as it sounded like they would come with.

hello 

i'm new in fs and i have bought cessna ct 210 centurion II hd series from carenado

i have the same problem but there is a information on the carenados site about this product such as "carenado GNS530 and GNS430 installed" and the sample photos includes theese instruments.

anyway this situation is very disapointing

The product page references the "Carenado GNS530 and GNS430 which are, indeed, installed.  You do have two GPS's.  It also mentions RXP integration, which is also true, but you do have to have the RXP gauges.

If you think about it, it wouldn't make much sense to have included the RXPs.  The RXP 430 and 530 together cost over twice what the plane costs, and if you add in crossfeed ability, over 4 times.

Sorry you got caught up in the confusion, but it's still a good plane.  I'd suggest looking through this forum for some of the discussions about mods to some of the flap parameters as some small changes make the plane much better.

Good luck,

Scott

thank you for your attention scott

i've solved the problem. i uninstalled and reisntalled the aircraft and the RXPs are there now.

some other problem occured unfortunatley but it is minor problem according to th RXPs. At least i can navigate now...