Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

I've been looking at this for a while now. Looks great, but I guess it won't work with headphones?

It doesn't work with USB headphones like the Logitech G35 because they bypass the sound card ie have no audio wires.

I wanted one but I use USB headphones pretty much 99% of the time.

If these break maybe I will change my headset and get one.

Hey Cameron! I'm seriously tempted by the Aura. Are you using the Aura and can you recommend using two? What kind of amplifier do you use for your setup?

Hi Thomas,

The aura works great if you have a computer chair. I use 4 of these in my home theatre couch and they work like magic. I am trying the 2nd option this time and going to put it under my bed. I will be using the dayton APA150 amplifier with this. I have not used the buttkicker before as its to expensive here in NZ, so I cannot compare.

sounds awesome! Some how my flightsim budget which I thought would be around $200 when I bought it, is now over 3k.. lol

Can it be fitted to my cockpit chair? (recliner lazy boy) I have improvised by jamming my sub woofer between the chair and wall for vibration

ZORAN

If you dont have one consider getting one its awesome brings flightsim to a hole new level.

Rich Sennett

Just to let you all know

logo.gif

Hello,

A product you showed interest in is now in stock.

Divider_Horizontal.gifBK-GR-2T.jpg ButtKicker Gamer2 For PC & Console Gaming and Digital Music - attaches to most center post chairs; Includes Gamer, Gamer Amplifier and all wiring., $129.99

btn_addtocart.gif

Bullet_MoreInfo.gifRead more about this product

Divider_Horizontal.gif

The Guitammer Company

http://www.buttkickergear.com/

Yeah I was about to write that yesterday as well :smile: However they don't ship to other than US and Canada. So I went for the Aura AST-2B-4 Pro Bass Shaker Tactile Transducer and the Lepai Tripath TA2020 amp. at Parts-Express. I know. Isn't the best or the right amp. for this, but I needed to buy for more than $50 to ship internationally :Waiting: Anyway, if it isn't working very well, I'll find another amp. in the stores.

Hi guys,

There's a cheaper option that works just as well (what i'm using):

299-028_s.jpg

This is the Aura AST-2B-4

Works awsome!

I would buy one, but does it vibrate through the ground? Like, will my parents get annoyed downstairs with the banging or rumbling?

• Upvote 1

Nice idea Chris but you do not have all of the settings control that you do have with the complete gamer kit and you will need to adjust it for sure, just a thought.

Rich Sennett

Actualy I have the sound going through an old Kenwood amp and an EQ. I simply cut all the high ends and it works perfectly. Youcan get these for 40$ a pop.

The shaking is awsome as I have the unit screwed directly under my chair.

Hi guys,

There's a cheaper option that works just as well (what i'm using):

299-028_s.jpg

This is the Aura AST-2B-4

Works awsome!

That's exactly what I bought :smile: Gonna be here on wednesday :dance:

Well i really debated about this but i went ahead and brought a Buttkicker for my NGX experience GUYS WOW!

GET ONE

I have been trying to get one for awhile but every retailer has been out of stock.

Have fun Tom with it you will - Ian keep looking will be worth it, Chris thats a good idea with the eq but you do need something but most will want to use the simple method.

Rich Sennett

I would buy one, but does it vibrate through the ground? Like, will my parents get annoyed downstairs with the banging or rumbling?

It depends how Your floor is constructed and how You will attach it to the chair/desk/seat.

I have four rubber isolators beneath the simpit and Buttkicker Advanced (300W actuator) attached directly to the frame. You can feel the vibrations in 2-2,5m radius when standing on the floor