Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

Does anyone want one of those aura Bass shaker thingies? Particularly for those in nz and australia? Perhaps even other areas to I guess because you have to buy atleast 2 of these to get them to ship them.

Okay so I have got an aura bass shaker for the ngx. Ive got a small 100watt sub amplifier running it. Ive got some really nice headphones that i use for all the other sounds. For some reason, I cant seem to get the aura to work to well. On landing, it doesnt rumble like it should. It only really works when you turn your point of view to the rear of the cockpit.... Any ideas?

Ok. An update. In wingview, it works perfectly. But the bass doesnt come thru like it should in the cockpit. No vibrations what so ever apart from looking to the rear of the cockpit...

Yea, the only problem is you need a dedicated amp to run them. Im planning to get in a few for some friends over in australia who are also simmers. Shipping from Parts express is a killer! I use them in my home theatre setup and its great. Going to get a couple for my fsx setup. :)

Did you end up ordering? This gadget sounds interesting. If only they could deliver it to us at a good price point, 100-200 AUD.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Yeah I did. It seems like a good product. Im always buying from them anyway so I might be able to get one in for you later on... not sure though as my speaker projects are coming to an end....

Yeah I did. It seems like a good product. Im always buying from them anyway so I might be able to get one in for you later on... not sure though as my speaker projects are coming to an end....

Thanks, but I've now ordered the Buttkicker from simparts.co.nz for 216 NZD, or after conversion with paypal about ~ 170 AUD, inclusive of shipping.

I guess if I'm unsatisfied with the product I can always put it back up on ebay.

Any other first hand accounts about how great this product is?

Nice one! Hope it works out for you. For those who use the butt kicker or aura, do you feel vibrations while in the cockpit?

Grrr jus got an email from simparts. That price excludes $60 shipping. That is not worth it IMHO!!!!

Grrr jus got an email from simparts. That price excludes $60 shipping. That is not worth it IMHO!!!!

Hi Omni,

Ive just got the aura working properly.... flip. It brings everything to life. Its not even funny. PM me about the aura and amp. Could make another order and get a few in for friends and maybe trademe. It is simply awesome!

I bought the original Buttkicker Gamer in 2006 and have used it with all my racing and flight sims since then. As it is audio driven, its effectiveness varies from game to game depending on the sound files used and it does take a bit of tweaking to get the levels right but I've found it to be exceptionally realistic in older racing sims sich as GT Legends and GP Legends where running over the ribbed kerbs or into the gravel produces a very involving immersion. The effects seem toned down a bit in later sims such as F1 2010 but they are still there.

Similarly with flight sims the earlier versions of IL2 produced stronger effects than later versions - presumably because the developers decided that the in cockpit sounds were unrealistically loud and turned them down. Nevertheless being able to feel bullets and flak striking your aircraft and feeling it start to judder as you go into a tight turn or get onto the cusp of a stall as in IL2 CoD is immensely involving,

With FSX the effects vary considerably from aircraft to aicraft but it is usually possible to feel a steady rumble from the engines and to feel a satisfying jolt as the flaps and landing gear are deployed or retracted but touchdown is usually jolt free.

Regarding the PMDG 737NGX I find it difficult to achieve a satisfactory balance. For some reason when I set a level to produce a steady vibration with the engines running, looking down, behind or to the right produces excessive vibration while looking up or to the left does not. Using the spoilers in flight produces quite a strong juddering but deploying flaps and gear has no effect at all. In contrast to other aircraft though, touching down produces a noticable effect as does rolling down the runway on takeoff and landing.

In summary I would regard Buttkicker as very worthwhile addon for all simulation games.

I got my buttkicker 2, wow, I actually recommend this over TrackIR for immersion. Its fantastic, and it works with all your software as well.

Do you all have it setup with the PMDG 737 default sounds, or the add-on sounds that was recently posted here?

I purchased this product earlier this year. Set it all up, but found the AMP was defective. I received a replacement a little later, used it for about a month and that AMP went belly up.

Have given up and put it on the shelf.

Rick Hobbs

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Destroyed :(

photo.jpg

Wow, how did it happen?

I purchased this product earlier this year. Set it all up, but found the AMP was defective. I received a replacement a little later, used it for about a month and that AMP went belly up.

Have given up and put it on the shelf.

Got the BK2 about a month and the remote is not working properly. The amp standby light sometimes stay on orange even pressing it on the main unit. After an hour or so it work again. Suspect over heat that cause the problem.

I have no idea how it happened. Anyway it is in warranty and simparts New Zealand is helping me get a replacement.