Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

letme tell you guys.. is 1-10.. 8. great gadget to  fly. and race.. .. if you want more  rumble effect , concect direct to  regular AMP..

marcelo

As the buttkicker is not a force feedback unit, it relies solely on sound. You are going to need TSS (Trubine Sound Studios) payware soundpacks to get the most out of this thing. And given the fact that force feedback flight controls seem to be a thing of the past, it's really nice to feel the simulator again."

interesting  there always seems to be an add on for an add on to make things work like they should , still BKK is a must have IMO

ZORAN

Not sure what that comment is about. No offence to the TSS guys but you can find way better freeware out there. All my payware addons use a combination of the aircraft developers soundest plus certain freeware sounds to enhance/replace ground roll, wind, spool sound etc.

Rob Prest

I connect buttkicker to the green output along with the front speakers using the Y splitter that came with it. The only problem is you lose stereo sound. Anyone else notice this?

Jose De Campos

London

Been using the Buttkicker Gamer 2 for some time now and love it and the added effect!

One thing though that has been bothering me a bit is the fact that having the BK mounted as suggested to the middle bar of your chair stops you from being able to fully lower/raise the chair (at least on the chairs I've tried with the BK) so I thought I would try to come up with some other solution.

I then found this ->

video where a guy shows how to mount the BK on a racing chair and I figured maybe I could do a similar modification. What I did was to simply remove one of the screws holding the back support of my chair in place and then replaced it with the same type of setup as seen in the video and it worked out brilliantly! I can now lower/raise the chair fully in both directions and I actually feel more effect from the BK after having it mounted this way compared to when I had it mounted to the middle bar. That could of course be different depending on the construction of your chair.

Thought I would share this with you guys and below are a couple of pics showing what it looks like for anyone interested trying the same thing. Not top notch quality pics but I'm sure you'll be able to see what they present anyway.

20130524_110929.jpg

20130524_110952.jpg

20130524_111101.jpg

Richard Åsberg

Super post my work around was I attached it to the leg leading to where the wheel is attached to same effect as yours but your leg might be to big hard to tell - thanks for sharing.

Rich Sennett

I had  no success using subsonic frequencies so I just used a splitter at the front speaker output and ran it directly to my secondary amp that drives the buttkicker. I do think it's very beneficial (if possible) to isolate your chair/seat from all else even if it means setting it up on a platform with rubber bumpers underneath. I have the luxury of a steel fabrication shop and went over the top, but if you can connect the 'shaker' to the seat and nothing else you will truly be in for an add that holds it's own with other great add on's like REX, Track IR5, PFC controls, etc.

Quite interested in this, but, if this works off sound out the soundcard port alone, how do you guys get it to work if you are wearing USB headphones that disable sound from the soundcard (I thought USB headphones were the most popular for simmers?)

-Iain Watson-

Can only speak for myself but I have all sound from FSX coming out from my desktop speakers connected to a Sound Blaster card and only use my headset (USB) for ATC and FS2Crew.

Remember reading though that there is a way to also use a Buttkicker with a USB headset using some kind of utility.

Richard Åsberg

Quite interested in this, but, if this works off sound out the soundcard port alone, how do you guys get it to work if you are wearing USB headphones that disable sound from the soundcard (I thought USB headphones were the most popular for simmers?)

Read post #97

Hi Michael,

5.1 speaker set connecting the buttkicker not to the orange subwoofer or center speaker output soundcard, but connecting to the front speaker output soundcard worked better for me!!

I hope this works for you too!

Robert

Without a doubt.

Well after reading this I went online and bought one. Will be here Monday. :)

Cool, let us know what you think when you tried it out :)

Richard Åsberg

Bought mine from the St.Louis Comp USA store back in 2007 before they folded. It's great and been working great ever since. Try firing the Hog's gun in Modern Combat or DCS, very cool. When I'm taxiing along in the default 737 I can feel the expansion cracks in the taxi ways, no joke. Playing music video's on you tube really thump with the Logitech 5.1 surrond system and the buttkicker. Pop in your favorite air combat,war, or science fiction movie and hold on for the ride. Fantastic peace of equipment.