Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

Cool, let us know what you think when you tried it out :)

Love it! I need to get some new sound files for a couple events. The FT E175/190 is my favorite for butt kicker. The thump really depends on the touchdown rate for it. The NGX seems less descent rate dependent and a bit too much vibration in smooth air. I haven't downloaded any alternative files for it yet.

So it's been awhile since I read this post but i was wondering if anybody is using the LFE mini? The site says its good for single chairs so if its not like the Gamer 2 but still good ill be happy.

The price is attractive...what do you think?

Never mind I see the LFE mini doesn't come with everything you need.

Unfortunately I wouldn't be able to fit the gamer 2 to my chair.

Has anyone had any issues with their Buttkicker Gamer 2? I purchased mine back in January after seeing this thread. In late February it developed a problem where the amp wouldn't come out of standby so it was replaced under warranty. A few days ago the replacement amp developed the same problem; it won't come out of standby. I'm waiting on the store I purchased it from to resolve the issue however I thought I’d check here in the meantime to see if I’m alone with these issues.

Regards,

Serge

Lian Li PC-P60B | Corsair HX620 | GA-Z370XP-SLI | i5 8600K | Noctua NH-D15 | GTX1080 8GB | 48GB DDR4 3200 | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 1TB | WD 1TB | Dell U3419W 34" | CH Yoke & Pedals | Track IR4 | Win10 64 | MSFS

Had to buy another one ###### oh well this one is ok for now but seems the shelf life on these things is spotty at best hope I am wrong as they are not cheap.

Rich Sennett

So. Is a sound card required or is the sound from my motherboard fine?

Mine should be coming this week finally

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

sound card required or is the sound from my motherboard fine

LeeL, BK needs an audio signal, no matter if it comes from Your MoBo or external card connected via PCI extension slot. You should be fine with build-in card.

LeeL, BK needs an audio signal, no matter if it comes from Your MoBo or external card connected via PCI extension slot. You should be fine with build-in card.

Alright that sounds good

Thanks

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Waking up an old thread here but with lots of BK 2 owners in here I wanted to ask for your advice.

Probably it's been like this since I first got the BK but I've noticed how the BK only reacts to left channel audio. Playing audio that is pure right channel audio and the BK does nothing.

This is using a setup where I have a 2.1 Logitech system connected to my motherboard sound card and the front speakers output and I have the same output feeding the BK using a Y-cable. Tried connecting the BK to the center/subwoofer output but that way I got no response from the BK at all unless I changed my setting to a 5.1 setup. Doing that I got some feedback from the BK but still very weak and another side effect was I lost the sound from dialogs in movies.

Anyone else noticed the same thing and did you find a good solution?

Richard Åsberg

Waking up an old thread here but with lots of BK 2 owners in here I wanted to ask for your advice.

Probably it's been like this since I first got the BK but I've noticed how the BK only reacts to left channel audio. Playing audio that is pure right channel audio and the BK does nothing.

This is using a setup where I have a 2.1 Logitech system connected to my motherboard sound card and the front speakers output and I have the same output feeding the BK using a Y-cable. Tried connecting the BK to the center/subwoofer output but that way I got no response from the BK at all unless I changed my setting to a 5.1 setup. Doing that I got some feedback from the BK but still very weak and another side effect was I lost the sound from dialogs in movies.

Anyone else noticed the same thing and did you find a good solution?

Hi,

Look at post nr-166 page 12 maybe this will  work for you also!

I use Opus cameras and buttkicker setup together with asn and it is amazing!

Regards Robert

Hi,

Look at post nr-166 page 12 maybe this will  work for you also!

I use Opus cameras and buttkicker setup together with asn and it is amazing!

Regards Robert

Thanks but I already have the BK connected to the front speakers output. Also I don't have a 5.1 speakers setup but only a 2.1 system.

I've also sent a support request a couple of days ago to the manufacturer but so far no respone. Maybe they are on summer vacation :smile:

Speaking about the Buttkicker I remember there was also another similar product which was more in the form of a pillow or what you would like to call it that would pretty much cover both the seat and the back support of your chair.

Can't remember what the name of the product was, anyone else...?

Richard Åsberg

Getting back here to report I found a solution to my problem for anyone interested and after finding out what was actually the culprit I would say probably most of you guys with a Buttkicker have the same problem if you connected the Buttkicker the way it's recommended in the Quick Start Guide.

Below is the email I just sent to the Buttkicker support team and this is also the solution to the problem meaning I now have perfect response from the Buttkicker regardless if it's left or right channel audio.

Hi,

Just wanted to let you know that I solved the problem and I did that by using the kind of cable I mentioned in my previous email to you. In short it's a sort of Y-cable with 2 female RCAs in one end and 1 male RCA in the other end. I simply plugged in both RCA male ends of the cable you deliver with the Buttkicker into the 2 female RCA ends of the cable I bought and then plugged the male RCA end of the cable I bought into the Buttkicker amplifier female RCA input. Doing it this way I finally get perfect response from the Buttkicker regardless if it's right or left channel audio being output to the amplifier.

To be honest I must say I'm a bit surprised you were not already aware of this limitation connecting the Buttkicker to a PC the way you recommend in your own Quick Start Guide found here. Setting things up the way you recommend in the guide everyone will run into the same situation I was in since the Buttkicker clearly will not be able to give response for both left and right channel audio when you leave one of the RCA cables hanging loose.

This is the cable I bought and although this is a Swedish webpage I'm sure the picture says it all.

So with all this said you can go ahead and close my support request and may I suggest you update your recommended way of connecting the Buttkicker to a PC in your Quick Start Guide.

Best regards,

Richard

Richard Åsberg

Thanks Rich but this is always the way I have hooked it up

Rich Sennett

Ok, that's great!

I didn't realize my problem until I downloaded new engine sounds for the NGX and noticed how I only got feedback when starting the left engine and since I simply followed the quick start guide when I first got the buttkicker I had this problem since.

Richard Åsberg

Ok, that's great!

I didn't realize my problem until I downloaded new engine sounds for the NGX and noticed how I only got feedback when starting the left engine and since I simply followed the quick start guide when I first got the buttkicker I had this problem since.

Sorry for not following topic to help - still dont think its ideal but not sure how else to do it

Rich Sennett