Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

NP, I'm just happy I found a solution and I still find it very strange why the quick start guide that comes with the product suggests a non-working setup or at least 50% non-working.

Richard Åsberg

NP, I'm just happy I found a solution and I still find it very strange why the quick start guide that comes with the product suggests a non-working setup or at least 50% non-working.

Yah - I just started plugging in different configurations until it worked  :wink:

Rich Sennett

Actually you don't need any extra cables if you want to connect both front speakers to buttkicker amp. Just plug in both red and black RCA plugs to amp as the manual clearly says that one socket is a duplicate of the other to allow " Daisy chain connections".

But if you connect it this way you compromise's the stereo affect of your sound system because you connect both speakers parallel. 

I have connected my Buttkicker to my subwoofer out and kept the system volume constant around 80% and control the volume by the remote controller of the sound system. This way you can get all the vibrations and keep the vibrations of buttkicker constant even if you control the sound.

After a long delay, I finally hooked up my buttkicker to my seat and trialled it with the NGX last night.

Can't believe I took so long, I need my head read. It is awesome!

The NGX is the very aircraft this was made for, altho the BN-2 is great as well.

I especially liked the take-off runway vibrations and then the removal of those as she lifts into the air.

When gear was selected back down and the speedbrake deployment, but best of all was touch-down.

Immersion, immersion, well done PMDG, outstanding!

oh, and I bought mine from a Gold Coast company called Pagnian Imports.

Frank Cooper

yep i also like at T/D when the engines spool back, you can feel it in your seat!

I7-10700F RTX 3070 32 Gig Ram

I've just ordered a BK2 myself - finally.  I've been toying with the idea for ages.  After reading the comments here I couldn't hold back any longer.

i got my BK2 today.  Wow, pretty amazing!

Even better if you use the adjustments in Opus 

Rich Sennett

Even better if you use the adjustments in Opus

Hey Richard

I use Opus for my camera. Where do I find these adjustments? Sounds good. I'm not quite sure my settings are optimal. So am open to optimisation...

Hey Richard

I use Opus for my camera. Where do I find these adjustments? Sounds good. I'm not quite sure my settings are optimal. So am open to optimisation...

Here you go - take some time to tweak but right off the bat you will find the vibrations way better more realistic for sure - just search for more info - I dont have it loaded right now with new system build have not gone full out on sim yet

http://opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/OpusFSX_ButtKicker.pdf

Rich Sennett

Here you go - take some time to tweak but right off the bat you will find the vibrations way better more realistic for sure - just search for more info - I dont have it loaded right now with new system build have not gone full out on sim yet

http://opussoftware.co.uk/opusfsi/OpusFSX_ButtKicker.pdf

Also read post nr 207!

I bought this cable and that made a huge sound difference.

Robert

I modified some 737 audio files to add more realism. for example I added some low frequencies, to simulate the landing gear hit. I have also eliminated low frequency in some audio files for delete unwanted vibrations.
But I have a problem when I set the throttles to idle in flight, low frequencies when the engine are in idle or low N1 and causes a unreal vibration.
What audio files cause these low frequencies with the engine idle?

Can be this ones?

PMDG737NGX_JET41

PMDG737NGX_JET42

PMDG737NGX_JET42b