Sign in to follow this  
steve inwood

Buttkicker & NGX

Doesn't that require wiring on your end plus you have to find a suitable amplifier. But kicker eliminates that.

Not sure what you mean. The Buttkicker gamer 2 package comes with an amplifier.

Whatever bass shaker someone decides to use , it had to be powered through an amp and as long as it can plug into the back of the sound card it can be used for low freq vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

Not sure what you mean. The Buttkicker gamer 2 package comes with an amplifier.

Whatever bass shaker someone decides to use , it had to be powered through an amp and as long as it can plug into the back of the sound card it can be used for low freq vibrations.

Sent from my iPhone...typing errors imminent

That's what I mean. With the but kicker it comes with the amplifier and wiring for an all in one solution. Not so if you just buy a bass transducer.

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

I added a Creative Labs USB Soundcard and have my Butt Shaker and External Speakers hooked up, and I also use a USB Headset. One good thing about FSX is you can use two sound cards for external and internal sounds. Correct though that if you are USB headset only it won't work.

Just got the Buttkicker today delivered from SimWare (Very Fast Delivery from mainland Europe to the UK! Recommended!)

It's absolutely fantastic, very easy to hook up and worked first time and after doing a few circuits I feel it really is the closest thing you'll get to a motion sim...

Well Done to the company and Well Done to Ryan & the PMDG team for the fantastic sound mix which makes this hardware work so well!

Does anybody here have the LFE version?

Its a little cheaper...just wondering how it compares/if its any good.

lee

anybody up for a video to show us the effect and feel with the NGX ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Does anybody here have the LFE version?

Somebody called me?

So there I am.

Buttkicker LFE is awesome. Is has 300-1000 Watt output and made my T40 speakers AC Adapter fall off on first tryout.

I can compare it to BK Advance kit which I still own.

The best scenario for BK tests are:

- crash on purpose

- stall with Accu Feel

- sideslip with Accu Feel

- turbulence with AF

- and my extra one - Rise of Flight and AA explosion near my 'old school' crate.

Do You need to know anything specific?

anybody up for a video to show us the effect and feel with the NGX ?

Michael Moe

Not sure how well that will come across on a video Michael...

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

Somebody called me?

So there I am.

Buttkicker LFE is awesome. Is has 300-1000 Watt output and made my T40 speakers AC Adapter fall off on first tryout.

I can compare it to BK Advance kit which I still own.

The best scenario for BK tests are:

- crash on purpose

- stall with Accu Feel

- sideslip with Accu Feel

- turbulence with AF

- and my extra one - Rise of Flight and AA explosion near my 'old school' crate.

Do You need to know anything specific?

Yes thanks

Do I need a sound card?

And does the amp it needs come with it?

Thanks

Do I need a sound card?

And does the amp it needs come with it?

This is analogue device. You need to feed it with an audio signal. You connect the LFE output of Your card to BK's amplifier and the amp has wires for the transducer. Amplifier is included in the kit, but if You purchase only the shaker, there will be no accessories.

Please take a sneak peak at the producer's web page, there You can find some nice pictures on how to connect it in different scenario.

I have mine switched (from Advance to LFE) in a matter of 10-15 minutes, the most difficult part was raising the platform, on which my FSX setup is based - the rubber isolators for LFE are more soft and lower.

I just listed mine for sale on Amazon if anyone interested (joyneal listing)

Neal H

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

Have read through this thread and guess it's time to open the FSX wallet again ;)

Richard Åsberg

OK, so I ordered a BK2 Gamer and truely looking forward trying it out after all great things I've read about it but one thing just struck me after watching a YouTube review of it...the BKA-130-C amplifier wants 120V but in Sweden we have 220V.

Guess this means I'll have to buy some kind of converter to be able to use it or does someone in here know if the amplifiers come in different country-specific versions?

Richard Åsberg