Sign in to follow this  
GACSavannah

Is it even possible to get any customer service from Orbix?

Lesson is:

This is not at all an ORBX support forum where ORBX supports ORBX products, but an AVSIM unofficial ORBX forum supporting all ORBX customers including those banned by ORBX. All are first class members here.

The only place for the unbanned to recieve actual ORBX product support is at the official ORBX forums.

If banned, then you may ask for help at a secondary place, through their back door so to speak, providing you are willing to do so.

That is more or less the way it has been for some time, and remains.

Kind regards,

To be honest....people go all over the place for support. So many times I am on the ORBX Forum and people are asking technical questions about REX or Carenado Aircraft.

In the real world people take their Ford Motor Vehicle to Ford for customer service and warranty repairs. In the FSX world people would prefer to take their Ford's to Honda for customer support and warranty repairs. :LMAO:

Matthew Kane

> the problem was that you did not follow the instructions in the welcome PM

I didn't.....follow.....................the instructions........................................<sigh>

OK, I don't know which one I didn't follow, but thank you for your help.

So, to answer the opening question, YES, you CAN get customer service from Orbx!

Kerry W. Gipe
Savannah Georgia, USA
US FAA A&P / Commercial Pilot Multi Engine Land IFR

Your talent is a gift from God. How you use your talent is your gift back to God.

To be honest....people go all over the place for support. So many times I am on the ORBX Forum and people are asking technical questions about REX or Carenado Aircraft.

And they don't get banned...?? Try asking a question about Flight1 just to see what will happen....you got the balls nerves for it?

Peoples ask questions about Orbx on Flight1 forums without getting banned...let see if this work the other way around, you can also post a screenshot of Orbx scenery on Flight1 forum as long as you include a Flight1 product in the pic....you "wanna" try to post a pic of Flight1 scenery on Orbx forums flying their Lancair IV-P

In the real world people take their Ford Motor Vehicle to Ford for customer service and warranty repairs. In the FSX world people would prefer to take their Ford's to Honda for customer support and warranty repairs.

Guess what, if Honda is welling to repair my car when making me feel more welcome in their shop compare to Ford....I'll stick with Honda, please don't worry about the shop, there is always a back door.

You also probably forgot the hardware forum at Orbx, I was one of the peoples helping a lot there with Stephen and others.....guess what, they closed it because they had more traffic there compare to the other forum......and please spare me the "Orbx is not a hardware forum"....like they did not know that when they opened it??

I always said "Their forums their rules"....to each their own.

You also probably forgot the hardware forum at Orbx, I was one of the peoples helping a lot there with Stephen and others.....guess what, they closed it because they had more traffic there compare to the other forum......and please spare me the "Orbx is not a hardware forum"....like they did not know that when they opened it??

Of course I didn't forget that. You were the one that talked me out of getting my P6X58D-E mobo over an Asus Rage one....I will admit both you and Stephen were helpful on there. I will also tell both you and Stephen that you are even more helpful on here. Not a loss for ORBX but a gain for the rest of the FSX community having your hardware advice available on here to a broader community.

In my POV I think ORBX had a lot of things going on when it started out. However it was starting to turn in to a general Flight Sim Forum like Avsim or Flightsim.com is. Reality is they are an ORBX forum and don't sell Carenado, Rex, Hardware etc. This is why the streamlined it down, so they can focus on that daunting task of trying to complete as much of the the globe in FTX as possible.

Truth is they could streamline their forum right down to Payware Support Forum and Release Announcements only and that would be fine by me if that meant they were more focused on producing the products that they do.

Matthew Kane

Mathew,

I agree with everything you just wrote, that is why I said their forums their rules, the problem is the way they (he) did it, a lot of peoples migrated here because they were banned or because they did not like how they were threated overthere without been banned, take the prepaid/sale dilemma for example.

It's always easyer for some of us to show somebody the door than having to admit we messed up.

You are most welcome Kerry, I am glad I was able to help you out. Thank you bliksempie and others who said it could be a glitch because I did do major work on the forum and some things were indeed broken for a while, not in this case though but it was sorted out anyway.

Alain you always hit the nail on the head.

My Dad always said to me

"It takes a bigger man to turn round and say sorry than one who just lasher's out at you"

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip